About the role
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Backend Developer to join our team, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern development technologies and practices.
Our focus is to allow our digital channels to quickly develop new and improved applications based on secure, reliable and scalable services, based on a cloud-based micro-services architecture.
You’ll be part of a development squad, charged with developing, testing and deploying new features. Working within a Scrum squad, you’ll refine, plan and implement user stories ensuring the quality and integrity of the platform and solutions through appropriate technology, standards and best practice.
- Development of microservices as part of a development squad using Scrum/Kanban within a SAFe environment;
- Driving the quality and performance of owned micro-services, through the use of standards and best practices;
- Ensuring quality is at the heart of everything you and your team does.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs within a micro-services architecture;
- Deep knowledge of Java (JEE) and Spring Boot;
- Experience with stream pipelines and data store technologies, including MongoDB;
- Extensive and experience using NodeJS, GraphQL, MySQL;
- Experience in defensive coding against the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities;
- Experience using of Docker or other containerisation technology;
- Substantial experience in Scrum and developing through BDD/TDD, using associated tools for testing and continuous integration & deployment;
- An ability to challenge others in doing what’s right for the business;
- A passion for finding solutions to problems that haven’t been solved before.
Nice to have:
- Certifications in Scrum, SAFe or other scaled agile frameworks;
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence;
- Experience in AWS services;
- K8s or another container management system;
- Experience of event processing and event driven architecture using Kafka;
- 5 years or more of experience as a backend developer with the ability to move towards design and architecture.