Who you will be working with
Capgemini Commerce is a global commerce service provider. From creative to technology to marketing, we offer a comprehensive set of services to help retailers and brands craft successful digital commerce strategies, put them into practice, and continually optimise them for long-term success. Our Solution Architecture team solves complex commerce infrastructure problems for digital retailers across a wide spectrum of industries. You will be a key part of the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) team within Capgemini UK, providing an environment to work with a broadened set of exciting clients.
Focus of your role
As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C centric eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with Capgemini development policies and standards
- You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C platform. You will document this with a technical specification and diagrams that will stand as the reference to the development team for building the solution as well as hand-off to our support team prior to launch.
- You will update these throughout the development cycle as things change. The initial part of this work is usually done onsite with the client in a multi-day discovery meeting.
- You are to be the Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C subject matter expert beyond the basic Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C Developer certification, and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers.
- You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle. Generally you will not be writing code, but are expected to fully understand code and help developers troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object oriented techniques.
You will be at the heart of any project team you work on, actively working between the functional and technical team. The TA role and responsibilities will vary from project to project, including but not limited to:
- Contributing to scrum team activities to ensure delivery of team goals
- Responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Working with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into tasks with technical specifications. You will work with the Project Team Lead to assign those tasks to the project team, run sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings.
- Supports effective technical delivery through analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
- Contribute to sprint planning sessions, daily stand ups and retrospectives
- Lead, contribute and support use research activities
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Be able to build authentic relationships quickly (be influential, a decision maker, exercise judgement and be able to deal with conflict management with confidence)
- Be a confident presenter, have a flexible approach to working and act on your initiative
- Extensive software development experience
- Experience in a client facing (external or internal) role with experience of leading project teams and experience with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it.
- 2+ years of experience with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C platform OR multiple years of experience architecting enterprise web applications.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking Solution solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.