Any Capgemini UK Base Location (UK Mobility Required).
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary DevOps function, you will build, maintain and enhance a common Cloud Platform in Azure in order to support the work of multiple development teams.
You will need to be familiar with building self-service Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities in Microsoft’s Azure Cloud to support internet facing services. You will be familiar with working in mixed waterfall and agile environments and will have a focus on Platform Engineering as well as experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
As part of a DevOps Platform Engineering team, you will be very familiar with Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, Containerization and running web services at scale.
Some of the technologies in use on the project are but not limited to:
- Azure Cloud
- Docker-based Containerisation – AKS, Kubernetes or similar
- RHEL (Redhat Enterprise Linux)
- Hashicorp product suite (Terraform, Vault)
- Configuration management (Ansible or ARM)
- Jenkins – CI Tooling
- Alerting & Monitoring tools – OMS/Elasticsearch/Zabbix
- Log Aggregation – OMS/Elasticsearch
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with Groovy scripting
- Gitlab or Github or Gerrit or equivalent
- Knowledge of supporting Java Applications
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban) practices
- Message Queuing Technologies – ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ or similar
- Web Application Firewalls e.g Barrcuda
- Infrastructure build validation tools e.g Inspec
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
This role is for you if you can drive & deliver in the following areas;
- Looking to influence & improve the DevOps processes already in place
- See the “real world” impact your work has on a business in both monetary & business value.
- Drive the uptake of PaaS services within a cloud environment.
- Build & become a part of a highly skilled team.
- Drive technology change forward.
As a member of our team, you will be able too;
- Lead by example
- Be a team player
- Advocate the use of DevOps principals
- Harvest a collaborative working environment
- Drive change within an environment to push out reliable & repeatable changes
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our customers. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of customers’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm