The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Azure Data Architect with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. We are open to consider applications if you can work based out of Sydney or Melbourne
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- This Role is a hands-on technical “build” role and a solutions role, and will be required to guide others on how technical designs can be implemented. This includes ability to review/optimize code and documenting the detailed design for developers.
- Responsibilities include designing the essential core building blocks that make up a technical solution, allowing modular and flexible design to meet the business requirementsProvide design and technical guidance to feature teams performing big data ingestion, Curation and Conformance;
- Be a focal design and technical guide for data engineers including pattern design, development and technical direction;
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes;
- Ensure design is consistent and relevant to meet the standards and direction of design teams and architectural design authority;
- Able to work with cross program and platform teams to drive design decision and develop solutions;
- Direct and build technical solutions;
- Review technical solutions and correct technical solutions via hands-on involvement;
Let’s talk about the role, responsibilities and your qualifications:
- Experience in requirement analysis, designing and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions
- Experience in big data, database and data warehouse architecture and delivery
- Knowledge of Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management in the cloud
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration consideration
- Understanding of cloud migration methodologies and processes
- Hands on experience Architecting and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Synapse Analytics, Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data, including geospatial data
- Nice to have – Azure Architect/ Azure Data Solution certifications
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.