Any UK Base
The role on offer
As a Cloud Architect within Capgemini, you will work with a range of clients, supporting them in adopting or advancing their use of public cloud services. We are looking for Cloud Architects, to join our Cloud Infrastructure Services Business Unit, who have real-world experience that goes beyond traditional IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and into PaaS (platform as a service), SaaS (Software as a Service), Microservices, Containers and Serverless, and has demonstrable Cloud Engineering knowledge and experience.
No two projects are ever the same within the Cloud Infrastructure Services Business Unit, we support all business sectors. As a Cloud Architect you will be expected to have knowledge, confidence and capability to assist our clients in realising their public cloud strategy. This would include:
Cloud Business Case – taking ownership for the development of Cloud adoption business cases, ranging from an ‘all-in’ public cloud migration, to containers on public cloud cost comparison exercise. Either way, you will have the skills and experience in evaluating all the relevant cost levers in a business case
Cloud Migration – from assessment to execution, as the Cloud Architect you would be responsible for ‘what-to-migration’, ‘where-to-migration’ and ‘how-to-migration’. You could lead a team of architects and engineers to deliver.
Cloud Optimisation – continual assessment of our client’s IT landscape, scoping and proposing recommendations to optimise their business, improve quality or reduce their IT costs. Having the ability to lead agile delivery teams through the process of implementing cloud optimisations.
Cloud Architecture & Engineering – as a Cloud Architect, you will have proven experience and the ability to lead on projects involving public cloud. This could be deployment of a data-lake platform or an IoT platform, taking responsibility for all non-functional aspects and work with data scientists and IoT architects (for example) on delivering the functional requirements.
Why this role?
• As a leader in Cloud technology, you will drive strategy and innovation to support and improve Business capabilities, processes, and applications in the Cloud for our clients.
• You will define and maintain technical designs according to cloud best practices and ensure they are deployed correctly in the Cloud environment by your team of engineers.
• You will also be a champion for agile methodology, enabling a CI/CD toolset to be adopted. You will collaborate with internal and external partners and customers on an international scale.
• Your location is Flexible within the UK, but flexibility to travel from time to time due to projects requirement or meetings may be required.
• We are looking for Cloud Architects who have project delivery experience in Microsoft Azure.
• You will have been responsible for architecting, designing and delivering whole or part of a significant Azure public Cloud project. Such projects will include exploiting PaaS and SaaS services, engineering modern application hosting platforms (OCP, K8S, AKS) and Agile delivery.
• You will need to be able to demonstrate to us that you understand Cloud Platform Services (IaaS, SaaS and PaaS), Cloud Architectures and Cloud Engineering across Azure.
• You will have worked in complex project environments, demonstrating your ability to manage stakeholders, influence clients and deal with conflict.
• You will be able to showcase your experience in Cloud Architecture and Engineering, that demonstrates knowledge of Azure Well Architected Framework and Cloud Automation/Orchestration tools – within an enterprise context.
• You will understand, and ideally demonstrate, Azure networking beyond VPN integration, with experience of Express Route and enterprise connectivity solutions.
• You will need to show us that you are a motivated professional, that you are abreast of public Cloud technologies and how they can drive value for client; ideally you will have the relevant vendor certification(s).
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com