Join our new fast-growing Insights & Data practice to develop your consulting skills and break the boundaries of data engineering.
Join us at the heart of Insights & Data
At Capgemini, we deliver end-to-end solutions within all areas of IT and advanced analytics to help solve major challenges for our clients in the private and public sector. The Insights & Data practice is focused on creating cutting-edge machine learning and AI solutions that run on top of reliable, scalable and high-performing big data platforms in the cloud.
As a member of our Insights & Data practice, you will be part of a global network of experts and work to design and deliver data engineering, Big Data solutions and advisory to our clients within AWS. Collaborating with our data scientists, cloud architects, delivery leads and subject matter experts you will:
- Stay at the forefront of technology and become a trusted advisor to our clients by consulting on feasibility, opportunities and challenges within big data engineering in the cloud
- Design project plans for all phases of the analytics solution lifecycle, from architecting roadmaps and technology selections, to development, testing and deployment
- Work hands-on to build key components for both proof-of-concepts and production implementation projects
- Manage the portfolio of internal technical assets including code and frameworks
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services to public cloud platforms
- Hire, mentor and grow the team of data engineers to successfully execute on data engineering, Big Data and advanced analytics projects
Help grow the Data Engineering team
“We have great ambitions, and we are growing very fast! Joining us now, means that you will become a part of a fast paced and growing Data Engineering team. As such, you will have the opportunity to shape the practice as you help it grow.” says Samay Mir, Country Lead for Head of Insights & Data.
AWS Data engineer with a talent for consultancy
With the ambition of rapidly growing the team, we are looking for talented data engineers at all levels of experience.
- A degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering)
- Solid engineering experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in large scale cloud data solutions using IaaS and PaaS services from AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with designing and building modern data pipelines and data streams, including technologies such as Kafka
- Experience with designing and building data service APIs
- Experience with containerization (docker) and container orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Experience with big data frameworks like Spark, Flink, Kafka or their flavors on cloud
- Understanding of distributed computing or MPP and passion to resolve issues within it
- Experience with serverless technologies for data engineering on cloud
- Experience with at least one NoSQL database like MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch etc.
- Experience with ETL, SQL, RDBMS, OLAP
- Hands-on software design and coding experience in different programming languages including Python, Java or Scala
- Software development practices, including version controls (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Experience working in agile and scrum framework
- Able to analyze business processes and identify opportunities for leveraging AWS tools
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel and work in the Nordics
Nice to have:
- Azure, AWS Big Data Engineer Certification
- Practical knowledge in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI
- Danish, Swedish or Norwegian language skills
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Country Lead for Head of Insights & Data, Samay Mir on firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume as soon as possible, and no later than the 31st August by clicking on “Apply here”.
We look forward to hearing from you.