A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Role: AWS Data Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Position: Full time
- Build, and maintain a scalable and cost-effective analytic cloud environment.
- Work with AWS native technologies such as EC2, S3, EKS, EMR, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift, SQS, API Gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, , CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Config, AWS SDK
- Design and develop data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools leveraging Open-Source technologies like Java, Python, Scala.
- Execute PoC’s and spikes to test out new capabilities and meet evolving business needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans to enable development of Analytical processes.
- Ensure proper documentation and data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating appropriate standards, and procedures
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as AWS cloud & platform engineering, App Dev, Data Ops, DBAs and business teams as needed.
- Participate in PI planning with Product Owner and other stakeholders, and Agile ceremonies
- On-board and mentor new team members and support production processes as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other quantitative discipline and 6+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of AWS experience delivering analytics applications using services such as S3, EMR, EC2, EKS, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, AWS Config, CloudFormation, and AWS SDK in large complex environments
- 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting complex distributed environments, including following stack traces back to code and build root cause
- 5+ years of experience working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- At least 1 year experience in people management
- Working experience in the Financial Services or Banking Industry AGILE (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- AWS Certification – AWS (Solution Architect)
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- `This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.