We are looking for a talented AWS Cloud Migration Engineers to join our Cloud Practice team and help support some of our existing banking clients. The right person will enjoy working as part of a team, and would like opportunities to grow and develop their skillset across the board. To be successful you will be highly motivated to achieve the common goal and have a strong focus on quality.
- Have hands on experience in migrating large scale complex enterprise applications to AWS cloud and design operational processes.
- Proven experience in application migration to AWS cloud and is accredited with appropriate AWS certifications as desired by the role
- Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions, cloud migration techniques and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies.
- High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations
- Experience of designing and implementing application and infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Experience architecting and deploying multi-tiered applications.
- Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications
- Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications using Java, Microsoft and Database technologies
- Experience in performance tuning, including the following ; (load balancing, web servers, content delivery Networks, Caching (Content and API))
- Experience in automation/configuration management using Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs such as SQL, MySQL, Amazon Dynamo DB.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and/or Windows administration
- Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
- A working understanding of code and script such as: PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby.
- A working understanding of scheduling and orchestration with tools such as: kubernetes, Mesos swarm or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge about APIs designing RESTful services and integrated with other providers.
- Good understanding of application architectures
- A good appreciation of the cost drivers in systems delivery and operations and the commercial consequences of the technical decisions made by you and/or others
- Has experience of working as part of teams delivering through Agile methodologies
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com/.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.