This role can be remote and ideally hubbed out of the 3 locations North East, Manachester and surrounding areas or the Highlands.
An overview of the role
Working within Capgemini’s Service Management delivery team in the Scottish Highlands delivering services to a UK Public Sector organization, the role of Capacity Management is to ensure the Capgemini account function performs and that SCC account success criteria is achieved.
The role is client facing and may also require you to contribute to the development and deployment of aligned processes.
Why this role?
As Capacity Manager, you will act as the owner of the Capacity Management, Availability & Demand Processes and oversee the delivery of these, contributing to the efficient and effective running of all related activity.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Act as Subject Matter Experts for capacity and availability related issues, relating to both services and resources and collaborates with other Service Management services, and other stakeholders.
• Identify future business requirements that will affect capacity/availability requirements and ensure there is a match between the capacity of IT and the agreed business demands.
• Ensure that stakeholder resources are appropriately identified and coached.
• Taking feeds from the Digital Partnership monitoring teams, track IT resource usage and promptly identify capacity issues; provide capacity/availability trending information to allow for forecasting future capacity requirements.
• Assess Incidents/Problems and make appropriate capacity IT changes to improve performance.
• Ensure that there is adequate capacity within the IT environment to meet Service Levels and other performance requirements, taking into account daily, weekly and seasonal variations in capacity demands.
• Develop and propose scenarios for addressing capacity constraints and define associated costs, risks and benefits of each.
• Ensures high quality reports are produced and manages associated management actions
• Maintenance and improvement of role related Problem Management documentation, through effectively and timely review and authorisation.
• Adherence to Availability & Capacity Management Policies, Guidelines and Process
• Builds and maintains effective working relationships with Customers and Suppliers
• Leads operational and management oriented meetings
• Provides feeds into the Continuous Service Improvement process where appropriate
As someone with experience in Capacity and Availability Management, you will be a confident communicator who has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and will be able to evidence the below requirements:
• Quality documentation and report writing ability (experience with reporting tools)
• General management skills (time management, communication skills and staff management)
• Experience of managing meetings and facilitation skills
• Experience of working with 3rd parties
• knowledge of desktop products, procurement and operational delivery of services.
• Knowledge of the use of ServiceNow would be desirable, but not essential
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion