An overview of the role
The scope of the Availability & Capacity Management & Capacity Management Function Service Management is to ensure management of the Capgemini account function performs to ensure the following account success criteria are achieved.
- Act as the owner of the Capacity Management, Availability & Demand Processes and oversees the delivery of these processes.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive capacity management planning process taking into account current and future demand.
- Act as Subject Matter Experts for capacity and availability related issues, relating to both services and resources and collaborates with other Service Management services, and other stakeholders.
- Contributes to the efficient and effective running of all Availability & Capacity Management related activity.
- Identify future business requirements that will affect capacity/availability requirements and ensure there is a match between the capacity of IT and the agreed business demands.
- Ensure that stakeholder resources are appropriately identified and coached.
- Taking feeds from the Digital Partnership monitoring teams, track IT resource usage and promptly identify capacity issues; provide capacity/availability trending information to allow for forecasting future capacity requirements.
- Assess Incidents/Problems and make appropriate capacity IT changes to improve performance.
- Ensure that there is adequate capacity within the IT environment to meet Service Levels and other performance requirements, taking into account daily, weekly and seasonal variations in capacity demands.
- Develop and propose scenarios for addressing capacity constraints and define associated costs, risks and benefits of each.
- Ensures high quality reports are produced and manages associated management actions
- Maintenance and improvement of role related Problem Management documentation, through effectively and timely review and authorisation.
- Adherence to Availability & Capacity Management Policies, Guidelines and Process
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with Customers and Suppliers
- Leads operational and management-oriented meetings
- Provides feeds into the Continuous Service Improvement process where appropriat
Key Skills required:
Strong leadership and Stakeholder Management Skills
Ability to present at all levels
Demonstrate an ownership mentality
Strong customer communication skills
ITIL v4 Foundation
Meticulous / ensure attention to detail
Ability to develop training material, schedule and facilitate training sessions for internal and external resources, mentoring skills.
Computer systems knowledge, integration, and architecture concepts
Experience in various analytical/reporting techniques supported by understanding of statistics and quality management concepts.
Problem solving skills
Understanding of cross systems interrelations in context of the global business process
Understanding of Service Management Framework
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment. Great opportunity to develop your career. You will be able to engage your problem-solving skills and get really involved in the practical side of the role.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family, and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.