With almost 200.000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Project description/Role Description:
The Capgemini team is looking for a Functional Test Automation Engineer to test the application under test where we are involved in.
The background should be a good mix of Software Development and Manual Tester. You must be a proactive, motivated engineer with strong scripting and programming skills with a solid background in regression test development. In this position, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with manual testing team as well as cross-functional engineering teams that define and implement some of the core frontend / backend systems that will power a complex banking or telecom architecture.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Tests effort estimation based on experience, tools and historical data.
- Creates best of breed framework for automation testing based on HP UFT tool.
- Analysis of system requirements and design of suitable automation test strategies.
- Analyze root causes of automation issues and provide corrective actions. Ensures KPI targets are met.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency.
- Assist in project planning, scheduling, budgeting and tracking activities.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures.
- Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with stakeholders and clients by articulating the contribution, commercial impact and benefits of expert roles.
- Experience with HP tools such as UFT, Lean FT, Load Runner, other tools – SOAP UI, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer
- Experience with Oracle DML (working with Oracle tables above average)
- Experience with defect tracking tools and test case management – HP ALM
Excellent to have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Technologies and/or equivalent industry experience
- Participation and/or completion in Testing certification programme – ISTQB, ISEB or tool specific certifications.
- Experience in using open source tools such as Eclipse, Selenium, TestNG, IntelliJ, Protractor, Jenkins