The focus of your role
Here at Capgemini Financial Services, we're looking to recruit a number of Automation Testers to help support one of our major banking clients. These are all permanent, fulltime roles based in London, although candidates must be prepared to travel to client sites throughout the UK.
It's time to Ace Your Career!
What you’ll bring
• End-to-end software development lifecycle.
• Experience in at least one programming language preferably Java.
• Experience of Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development.
• Proven experience in Digital or Web Automation using different automation tools and frameworks.
• Experience of the following:
• Testing across multiple browsers
• Automated test data creation
• REST Client
• SOAP UI
• Browser Stack or similar
• JQuery, JSON, XML
• Knowledge of automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices.
• Strong level of experience of IT software development (essential).
• Financial services, investment management/banking (preferred).
What you’ll do
• Review business requirements to understand how system requirements fit within overall business solution. Challenge any requirements that are incomplete or do not provide sufficient clarity to support effective system development.
• Review requirements to identify all areas of functional and non-functional (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.) testing required.
• Support business colleagues in defining detailed 'testable' requirements.
• Champion transition to automated testing solutions to reduce software time-to-market.
• Understand the technical solution and how layers of the architecture are connected to ensure appropriate testing is conducted at each layer from the UI to the persisted data.
• Understand technical constraints of live environment / architecture, support business colleagues in understanding any ‘requirement versus cost’ trade-offs.
• Conform to established good practice and any appropriate test automation standards as used for Multi-Channel Applications within Barclays UK.
• Complete assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements. Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
• Collaborate with other application testers and software engineers across teams to build the technical solution.
• Review test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivered system, assist in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing.
• Completion of Test Closure reports.
• Identification of trends in defects and root cause analysis.
• Analysis of manual tests and identifying best way to automate them. • Ensuring defects can be fixed by providing sufficient support to the developers in investigating and resolving the defects.
• Showcasing new features developed in the applications to key stakeholder.
• Managing test environments from deployment of software, configuration of applications and managing the resolution of environment issues.
• Support the handover of the system into business-as-usual (BAU) operation, providing the relevant IT service teams with information and education relating to the system technology and function.
• Assist in the resolution of live incidents and system problems as and when required.
• Track work and report progress to team leader on a timely basis.
• Learns new tools and technique to enable appropriate automation in the testing pyramid for example to prove unit tests are testing the code conditions.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.