London / Cheltenham
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
In Business Technology Solutions (BTS) we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Transformational Testing Services Team (TTS) are one of five delivery teams that sit within Business & Technology Solutions. TTS was established in January 2016; a new Delivery Unit within Business Technology Solutions focusing on helping our client’s achieve business value through testing transformation. The TTS function is responsible for all aspects of testing services focusing on developing our capability and introducing transformation to our existing accounts. At Capgemini, we see various levels of maturity within our client’s IT Software Development Lifecycle. Some are just starting off on their testing transformation journey, whilst some of the more mature organisations are moving to a much more optimised, 'Dev-Ops' operation. Our aim with TTS is to help our customers evolve and innovate their testing landscape regardless of their maturity.
- Our Vision – For TTS to be the differentiator for Apps UK by becoming a leading player within the Testing Services market
- Our Mission – To create and deliver transformational testing solutions that fit our clients’ needs and drive increased efficiencies and reduced cost
- Our Strategy – To transform our existing engagements into more meaningful and commercially defensible relationships
You will typically report to the Test Manager/Test Lead on a given testing assignment and the role will be carried out at a wide variety of Capgemini and client sites. Central to the role is the definition, development and execution of technical testing throughout the complete development lifecycle, from project initiation through to delivery.
- Produce Test Approaches modelled aroundusing Test automation as the base
- Produce Integration Automation Testscripts, data and scenarios in accordance with the documented approach.
- Embed, Run and maintain the automatedtests prescribed within the Automation Test Framework
- Analyse (and document if needed) defectsdiscovered during test runs
- Work with the Technical Lead and otherresources across the development and environments teams to rectify and retest issues encountered during testing.
- Report progress to the Test Manager
We are looking for the highest calibre individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- Demonstrable experience of validating application quality through measures including functional, performance, vulnerabilities, defects and static analysis results
- Demonstrable Experience of conducting Functional & Non-Functional testing using appropriate tool set.
- Experience of testing Middleware and API’s using tools like RestAssured, Postman, SoapUI, OR similar
- Demonstrable Experience of using testing test management & Defect Management tools like HP Quality Centre, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint or other similar tools.
- Strong experience of working in a DevOps delivery environment and teams with exposure to Continuous integration delivery tools/environment
- Experience in Agile Scrum/BDD methodologies
- Experience of using tools like Gherkin, cucumber and similar
- Demonstrable experience of introducing or using test automation in everyday facets of test lifecycle.
- Experience in any programme language like C, C#, Java, Python
- Demonstrable Prior experience in coding automated tests using Java Script or VB Script
- Experience of using any of the performance measuring tools like Jmeter, Blazemeter, Eggplant , HP Load Runner, Grinder or similar would be a plus
- DV Cleared
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.