Roles & responsibility description
- The Automation Engineer will be working side-by-side in a bilingual environment with the application, engineering, and IT operations teams to build a comprehensive automation stack infrastructure. Automation engineer will be a hybrid between a software engineer (developer) and infrastructure engineer.
- The Automation Engineer will help define the tools and technologies used to enable automation across IT infrastructure lifecycle in a hybrid cloud environment. This individual will bring a passion for technology, a strong technical skillset, and proven experience in the Automation or DevOps space
- Work with Cloud, Infrastructure, and Network teams to automate lifecycle, configuration management, and issue remediation utilizing infrastructure as code (IAC)
- Focus on cloud-native services and optimizing the automation landscape through the adoption of these services
- Ability to drive the company’s DevOps culture and mentor others
- Work closely with the development staff to build tools to improve the technical environment.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance during large scale deployments.
- Effectively plan for capacity including system provisioning and scaling of application infrastructure
- Help implement information security best practices Infrastructure monitoring and logging
- Business Level English and Japanese (Read, Type & Speak) – Hard Requirement. Will be tested at first interview.
- Extensive Experience performing large scale deployments using configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible) and programming
- Hands-on experience with designing, building, configuring, integrating, and managing key components of a fully automated tool stack
- Thorough knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
- 3+ years of experience with various scripting, development, and data technologies including, Python, Ruby, Java, etc. to automate processes through CLI and REST API interfaces
- Familiar with Cloud technology such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies.
- Bilingual (English and Japanese)