You will join the Capgemini UK Atlassian Practice at an exciting time. In 2018, Capgemini became a Global Alliance Partner with Atlassian. Since then the UK Atlassian practice has been maturing whilst growing organically. Our client base is now growing increasingly quickly and so is our team. Capgemini’s clients are amongst the largest and prestigious users of Atlassian technology in the world and they push the boundaries of what can be achieved. Our consultants do the same and you will join an experienced team of consultants whose purpose is to help our clients teams to work better, together. Our team members have a range of backgrounds and we fully embrace diversity and inclusion in all its forms. No matter who you are, if you bring enthusiasm, self-motivation, a desire to learn, creativity and capability to deliver, we want to hear from you. You have a part to play in our story – you can help shape it.
You will help our customers by understanding what they need to do to be successful, then using your knowledge and experience to design and implement solutions using Atlassian technology and Atlassian Marketplace add-ons that will enable our clients to achieve their desired outcomes. Customers that use Atlassian technology have a wide range of business challenges and no two days are the same. Most commonly you will be focussing on Agile, Scaled Agile, ITSM and business process management solutions or acting as a consulting lead on DevOps / CI/CD engagements, supported by our Atlassian Engineers. You may also find that instead of building solutions, you are required to use your knowledge to improve the performance of existing systems, to simplify them, consolidate many systems into one or migrate systems.
• Build a relationship with our clients, understand what they need and why they need it
• Generate ideas and inspire our clients with a vision of what is possible with Atlassian and Atlassian Marketplace technology. Help Capgemini to build proposals for product and services sales that will materialise your ideas and give our clients the outcomes they need.
• Develop solutions in an Agile and collaborative manner using Atlassian and Atlassian marketplace technology that deliver the outcomes for which we have been engaged.
• Deliver specific technical consulting activities such as migrations, system consolidations, performance diagnosis, recommendations and implementing those recommendations, where necessary with the support of Atlassian Engineer and Architect colleagues.
In the Capgemini UK Atlassian Practice, we have three basic levels of experience that blend into each other. These are Junior, Experienced and Professional. For this role, we’re seeking an ‘Experienced’ level of candidate, which means we’re looking for you to bring:
• Good general IT industry experience, preferably demonstrating some form of Business Analysis capability and having worked in a structured corporate environment. You will understand how projects get delivered using Agile principles and supporting methods and be able to have credible conversations on these subjects.
• In technology terms, you should ideally bring an understanding of all of the architectural elements of an Atlassian Solution, how they fit together and how they should be configured to ensure that an Atlassian system will run with acceptable levels of performance and availability, according to its characteristics.
• Ideally you can also bring a working understanding of IT Service Management, ideally aligned to ITILv4, but earlier versions of ITIL also provide a good grounding. Finally, any IT Development awareness or experience is a distinct advantage.
• A good grounding with hands-on administrator experience of Atlassian tools, ideally at least 3-4 years. Jira, Jira Service Desk and Confluence are most important but additional tools like Bamboo and Bitbucket are also highly valued. Preferably you will have managed both self-hosted and Cloud variants of Atlassian’s products and will understand and be able to articulate the characteristics and limitations of each, and make a recommendation.
• Ideally you will be able to demonstrate where you have applied creative thinking to a business requirement and be able to demonstrate how you have developed a concept into a proposal and then evidence how your proposal was implemented and delivered business value.
• Most importantly of all, you’ll bring several essential personal qualities. Firstly, you’ll believe in the power of Atlassian applications to make a real difference to how teams and companies work better, together. You will be articulate and able to work with people at all levels, being equally as comfortable with talking to a CxO in a large corporation as to a regular member of staff or colleague. You will be confident and be able to inspire confidence in yourself and in Capgemini through your interactions. You will bring a set of personal values that align to Capgemini’s core values of Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Fun, Modesty and Team Spirit along with a bright and enquiring mind and a desire to build a genuinely world-class career, developing into a senior professional-level certified Atlassian Consultant in an international consulting company. You will bring the difference that separates us from our competitors.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.