Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to operations and execution and with an unstinting focus on results.
Cloud and Software as-a-service (SaaS) has been rapidly growing and changing the technology landscape. While there is lot of focus placed on cloud engineering, risks and approaches for migration, organizations are looking to us to provide us advisory and implementation on how to set up, manage and optimise investments made in cloud and software-as-a-service
The focus of your role:
You will be a hands-on practitioner with techno-functional-commercial experience with flair for consulting in areas like – cloud business office operating model design, cloud economics, cloud cost optimisation, SaaS spend optimisation, process improvements in technology finance, vendor, commercial and operational management. You will be playing a role of lead subject matter expert/ specialist working with our wider Invent teams in cost transformation, cloud, and digitization engagements.
What you’ll do:
- Define, set up cloud/ SaaS business management operating model
- Analyse and identify opportunities for optimising cloud and SaaS spend
- Define processes related to Cloud and SaaS lifecycle focused on procurement, licensing, commercial management, contract management, billing
- Identify and lead opportunities to simplify processes and automate
- Review contracts, spend data and model business case for investments, optimisation, consolidation for cloud and SaaS
- Work with cloud product and services team to define service catalogue, pricing
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years in technology, with 3-5 years’ experience in cloud / SaaS business management office / product organisations
- Experience in spend optimisation, contracts management, commercial management
- Led initiatives delivering hard savings from cloud and SaaS investments and spend optimisation
- Experience working directly in or for large organisations with decent cloud and SaaS footprint in Financial services, Telco, Government etc.
- Strong client-facing skills including top notch written and verbal communication
- Experience dealing with large vendors like AWS, Azure, Salesforce, ServiceNow
- Business improvement with workflow and automation
- Experience with platforms like Apptio, Jira, Cloud economics tools, ServiceNow etc.
- Experience in financial services SaaS applications
- Previous experience in consulting environment
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.