An overview of the role
As an Asset and Configuration Manager, working within Capgemini’s Asset Management team in the Scottish Highlands delivering services to a UK Public Sector organization, you will work closely with Configuration management and Change management functions, alongside Business Service Managers, Service Desk, clients and suppliers to drive improvement within Asset Management and Service Integration.
The role is client facing and may also require you to contribute to the development and deployment of an ITSM aligned process.
Why this role?
As Asset and Configuration Manager, your responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Ensuring the delivery of the SACM service for the account
• Register and/or ensure registration of new Assets
• Ensure Service Delivery teams directly supporting the CIs and assets follow the prescribed SACM lifecycle processes – including related Install, Move, Add and Change (IMAC) processes to communicate change to the CMDB.
• Ensuring all updates are maintained in a timely and accurate manner
• Monitoring and assisting in service delivery in enforcing defined SACM policies
• Collaborating with the Change Manager to ensure that CI changes / updates are reflected in the CMDB in a timely manner
This roles requires someone with a very good all-round understanding of IT, who is confident in their own ability.
You will be a confident communicator who has excellent organisational skills. You will be process driven and able to deliver to deadlines and have the ability to work flexibly and collaboratively along with being able to evidence the below requirements:
• Asset and Configuration Management experience
• Quality documentation and report writing ability.
• General Management skills (Time management, Communication Skills, Staff Management etc.)
• Experience of managing meetings and facilitation skills
• Excellent documentation and report writing ability
• Experience of leading teams
• Flexibility and ability to cope with pressure situations
• Knowledge of better practice methodologies (ITIL, Deliver etc).
• Desire to succeed and to drive improvement on behalf of Capgemini and the Client
• Must be confident and have good leadership, communication and presentation skills
• Due to the level of Security Clearance required, only UK nationals are eligible for this role.
• A good understanding of the IS Business would be desirable, but not essential
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance
their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.