AS400 I series Admin – 9 to 12 Years – Mumbai
Job Title:- AS400 Architect
Experience:- 9 to 12 Years
Job Location:- Mumbai
Primary Skill. IBM iSeries i5-i7 system administration
Secondary Skill. iSeries PTF/Cumulative Packs
Roles & Responsibilities
- IBIM i Hardware and Architecture knowledge
- Good Knowledge on IBM Power 7+ (P740)
- Good Knowledge on IBM TS3100, 3200 & TS3500
- Software and Operating Systems Implementation and Management of:
- IBM i / AIX / VIOS / HMC / BRMS / CCSS QMM & QSM / Xerox AOS / System i Navigator / Connect Direct
- The ability to program in the following RPG & CLP is a minimum requirement for updating, supporting infrastructure utilities, and supporting of application issues.
- An good understanding of communications, covering TCPIP,TELNET, APPC, SNMP, SMTP, SFTP required for support of user connectivity, data transfer, monitoring, Net Server etc.
- An in depth knowledge of Backup and Recovery supporting the system migrations
- An understanding of the following to allow for easier interaction with other teams for implementation, configuration, and management; SAN storage Management and Virtual Tape libraries Fibre Connectivity
- key technical resource for build, able to work in challenging environment, self motivated with ability to research and/or work with others to troubleshoot and overcome issues, identify solutions and implement as appropriate
- Produce build documentation
- Should have experience in leading a highly technical team managing an i-Series environment.
- Must be well versed in AS400 performance management, capacity management, LPAR design, creation and management
- Should have well exposure in Journal managements & receivers
- Should be able to manage High availability tools like iCluster & Mimix
- Good knowledge in AS/400 system values & security administration.
- Excellent understanding of i-Series BRMS – storage, backup, archiving technologies and security techniques.
- planning and implementation of OS upgrade and migration of LPARs
- Should be able to install OS Software, 3rd Party Software and Support Project design and implementation.
- Exposure in HMC managements, virtualization using LPAR & i-Series Network Administration.
- Should be able to Manage Data recovery solutions and DR drills.
- Must be worked & well versed on SST & DST environment
- Knowledge on Creation, modification & Deletion of User Profiles
- Knowledge on storage administration, DB2/400 database tuning & SQL/400 managements.
- Responsible to understand the client requirement and plan design the iSeries hosting server when move from one data centre to other
- Should have iSeries Server decommission/configuration
Details Skills & Experience
- IBM i-Series Architect / Security Administration/DR Solution, Connect Direct, RPG, CL400, Power 7 Hardware, MIMIX, Good understanding of communication of iSeries Icluster, MQ Series, AOS BRMS, ROBOT
- Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Contact Person – Pratiksha Sonavane