AS – 400 Admin
Job Description (Mandatory):
1. 4+ experience in AS400 L2/L3 Admin activities
2. Experienced in AS/400 operations activities, should have knowledge on Object authority, CL Commands
3. Programming experience in CL & RPG, should be able to write programs for system maintenance and analyze existing programs
4. Experience in implementer would be a plus
5. Commitment from the resource for long term at least for 1 to 2 years.
6. Below are some Operations activities
7. Monitoring, troubleshooting and escalation of hardware/software alerts
8. Create and Manage user profiles, Backup & Restoring the System Configuration and libraries and Checking system health
9. Install newly released cumulative PTF packages and Software Licensed Programs
10. Responsible for the daily, monthly, quarterly & yearly AS/400 backups
11. Review system usage/performance, identify/resolve system problems; initiate tracking/reporting of maintenance and consult with senior management on system issues.
12. Mimix starting and handling the problems, taking Entire system backup for every fortnight and Worked on DR Setup (Disaster Recovery Setup)
13. Analyze / Monitor the system DASD, overnight batch processing's & perform weekly system cleanup.
14. Performing Media Management task in BRMS/400.
15. Creating Output Queues and Printer Devices.
16. Working with SST and DST Menus.
17. Save and Restoration of Objects.
18. Backup and Restore with OS/400 and BRMS/400.
19. Creating Backup Control Groups under BRMS/400.
20. Scheduling new jobs in IBM Native Job Scheduler.
21. Hardware trouble shooting and working with H/W callouts.
22. Working with HMC consoles.
23. Ticket and Request Handling regarding the incidents by Creating, Modifying and Deleting.
24. Backup and Restoration using BRMS in a tape library environment
25. Manage and maintain Backup Policy
26. Manage, perform, and maintain all Backup Scheduling
Primary Skills: AS/400 L2/L3 Operations/Admin
Exp : 4 to 9 yrs
Job Location : Bangalore