Dev Ops Apprenticeship
Manchester, London, Woking, Birmingham
Who you’ll be working with
Our industry-leading developing and engineering community are at the top of their game. Responsible for some of the world’s most imaginative websites, applications and technical advancements, they refuse to be constrained by the limits of today’s technology – instead developing for tomorrow’s needs. From the most senior field experts to those just starting out in their careers, this is a team that works together to blow the competition out of the water.
The focus of your role
From your first meeting with a client through to the finished product, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining cutting-edge applications and the environments they will function in.
What you’ll do
- You’ll develop and maintain bespoke solutions for a varied client base, which includes both the public and private sectors – drawing on different languages, methods and approaches.
- You’ll support live systems and applications, implementing bug fixes and exploring improvements through code changes.
- You’ll take responsibility for components of a much larger system, writing code to complement that which is being developed by colleagues.
- You’ll be working within a DevOps team, which work with a set of practices that break down the traditional barriers between software development and IT operations. DevOps Engineers work as part of cross-functional teams, with an aim to reduce the time it takes for new software to be delivered into production.
What you’ll bring
- English and Maths at C or above in GCSEs
- A-level Computing (B or higher), BTECH D*D*D or higher, or a completed apprenticeship at level 3
- Appetite and aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Most importantly, we want people with an appetite for learning new technologies. DevOps is a constantly evolving field!
- If you’ve got a passion for IT and can demonstrate a competency and experience in computing
- Outstanding communication skills – our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements.
- The ability to convey complex concepts in jargon-free language to a non-technical audience.
What we’ll offer you
- You’ll study part-time for your apprentice through Corndel – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- You’ll be in a supportive environment, with flexibility to help you out
- Did we mention it’s 100% free? We’re sponsoring all of the costs of your apprenticeship – You’ll get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious company
- You will study for a Dev Op’s Engineering diploma whilst applying what you are learning and making an impact in one of our exciting roles.
What’s the catch you ask? Well actually there isn’t one… you don’t need to be a techie, but we do ask that you’re as passionate as we are about the ways tech can be applied in the real world.
At Capgemini, we don’t just have a passion for the potential within technology, we live and breathe it. It’s a passion that our people share too. So if you want to work in an organisation that celebrates ambition and creativity, and rewards hard work with a flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your life-stage, then you’ll be a natural fit here.