Experience Level (in number of years): +５ Years
Work Location: Tokyo
Working Hours: 8:40 – 17:10 (may vary with respect to shift requirements)
The Production Management team within the CTS organisation is responsible for providing IT support for Middle and Back Office applications. Operations are one of the business groups supported. This role will be part of the Production Management team of our client in Tokyo, providing support to Japan / Global Operations. The set of applications involved include but not limited to Local and Global Regulatory Reporting / Settlements / Confirmations for OTC Derivatives Business.
Project / Service Description:
- To function as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) in Tokyo for CTS applications utilized by Japan / Global Operations.
- To manage user / IT issues till its logical conclusion and necessary escalations to development or other IT teams / management as required.
- Provide regular and accurate updates to Japan operations during issues / outages
- Manage incidents as per the Production Management defined guidelines.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve support service levels
- Maintain strong relationships with Production Management teams in other regions and function as part of the global support structure keeping local values in consideration
- Maintain strong relationships with Operations users in Japan
- Ensure all support cards / documentation is maintained
- Partake in the rollout of global support procedures within Japan
- Suggest and generate useful regular metrics / reports for global review and consumption
- Occasional weekend coverage as per requirement
Requirements (indicate any mandatory and/or preferred credentials):
- Strong experience using the following technologies:
- Sybase RDBMS
- SQL Scripting, Querying, Debugging, Stored Procedures
- UNIX/LINUX skills including (optional) Unix or Perl Scripting
- Application Development experience of Java/Windows (from support perspective)
- Job scheduling technologies (Autosys)
- Advantageous if familiarity with Tibco / BW
- Ability to quickly acquire new technical skills and knowledge required for the role
- A proven track record providing application support as an SME, in the operations environment
- An understanding of the general functions performed by Operations for a global investment bank
- Strong communication skills (specially with India, Europe, US) written and spoken Japanese (desired but not primary requirement) and English
- Experience communicating with audiences with varying technical expertise and levels of seniority.
Contractor or Permanent status (* Permanent employment status could be considered, based on the candidate’s experience and our project availability)