The job on offer
The role of Packaging & Deployment Engineer with Capgemini is to support the safe end to end transition of the End User Services from current suppliers into Capgemini.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding and varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of exposure in a timeframe.
You will be part of a packaging and software team to support application packaging and deployment. You will be responsible for packaging applications using Flexera AdminStudio packaging software following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages to be deployed, these can range from MSI/MST, install scripts or App-V formats and performing initial installation testing before handing off to the client for user acceptance testing.
- Provides technical consultation and support associated with operating systems.
- Provides complex analysis of systems software and hardware requirements to determine operating systems specifications and customizations.
- May design sub systems and system integrations.
- Provides the strategy and design to build a utility for systems programming tasks required for installations, configurations, upgrades and testing.
- Develops new documentation, participates in the development of departmental technical procedures and designs user support guides.
- Consults with management and recommends process and procedure improvements.
- As an escalation point for operating system support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff (For I6 only).
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan
- Must have packaged applications for Windows 8 and Windows 10 OS platforms.
- Expertise in virtualizing applications through sequencing is desired, AppV 5.0
- Good Experience in Applications, Upgrades and Retiring Old Versions• Advanced experience of Windows Installer (MSI) technology
- Advanced experience of Application Virtualization technology (App-V 5.1)
- Advanced Experience using Flexera Admin Studio or other packaging tools such as InstEd or Orca.
- Good scripting knowledge in VBScript, PowerShell
- Demonstrated experience with MS App-V sequencer
- Intermediate knowledge of SCCM 2012
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows platforms
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in a secure customer environment
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to troubleshoot packaging problems.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
Why Capgemini is unique
- At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
- At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
- All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.