Role: Amazon Elasticsearch Application Onboarding Team Lead/ Scrum Master
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote till COVID stabilizes)
Employment Terms: Fulltime with benefits
Relocation: Candidate can relocate
- Spearhead the Enterprise Logging team
- Clearly documenting onboarding requirements for each application
- Have high competency in team delivery management
- Manage multiple development streams with offshore development team
- Manage simultaneous sprints for multiple development streams using JIRA and SVN Host daily weekly meetings with development team and track tasks and status to business priority
- Ensure timely delivery and quality of deliverables
- Meet with IT leaders sponsors to provide onboarding guidance and transpose KPI needs into functional technical and system requirements
- Host office Hours call to educational coach and provide guidance and troubleshoot with application teams
- Provide weekly status reports to IT stakeholders
- Facilitate strong engineering culture with backlog grooming retrospectives postmortems and consistent in standards WHO YOU ARE You promote high visibility of shared contributions to goals
- You are decisive and make high quality decisions even when based on incomplete information or in the face of uncertainty You think globally and excel at viewing issues on a enterprise basis You focus on highest priorities and set aside less critical tasks
- 8-10 years hands on technical experience
- 5 years management experience
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be able to manage conflicting priorities in a fast moving high pressure environment
- Experience with at least one programming language Go Java Kotlin Python Ruby etc
- Track record of leading teams in a complex data and systems environment
- Has built data platforms and real time systems in the past
- Demonstrated success building culture of innovation ownership and accountability
- Enjoys helping other engineers develop their engineering and leadership skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to give both business facing and technical presentations that convey complex topics Plan for growth of their organization and scale the team efficiently
- Must have strong appetite for quickly learning new technologies and be able to quickly adapt to changes
- Must have proven experience in global implementations
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What we Offer
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- `This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.