Senior SAP Supply Chain Business Advisor
An Overview for the role
In Advisory Services, we spend every day working closely with our clients to understand what their business problems are and how to best solve them, looking across the layers of people, process, technology and data. As a Senior SAP Supply Chain and Logistics Planning Consultant, your creativity, passion, industry, business process and SAP knowledge will be key to shape the value proposal and solutions which will deliver strong outcomes and benefits to our clients whilst providing that wow-factor.
You will be working with new and existing clients across various industries and with global reach, helping them solve multi-million-pound challenges and help them start their transformation journey.
As a senior SAP and business strategy consultant advisor you will be a key member of the ERP advisory team working for clients to map out the case for change, roadmap and to-be business solution. Your area will be Demand Forecasting, Supply Chain Planning, manufacturing, logistics and warehousing and your role is to help clients to shape and launch transformation programmes that will add significant value to their organisation.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Be responsible for identifying and structuring opportunities into Advisory engagements around supply chain and planning with an End to End view, and how the ERP Advisory approach will be leveraged in the engagement, and for explaining and selling the approach to our clients
- Lead executive interviews with client supply chain and planning executives to understand their business problems
- Engage with client business leads to explain the benefits that an ERP transformation would bring to their business. This requires appropriate analysis of their current business performance and objectives, identification of improvements, alignment to corporate strategy and development of a convincing narrative
- Demonstration of how SAP’s product suite can benefit a client company, making sure these sessions are relevant and interesting
- Leverage your knowledge and experience in the wider supply chain and planning space and more specifically with SAP Supply Chain and IBP to creatively contribute solving clients’ business problems, shape the solution roadmap and define the business case
- Lead the exercise to produce the case for change, including costed programme and quantified benefits
- Drive and foster collaboration with the client and the engagement team to produce quality results and deliverables, present conclusions to senior stakeholders confidently and persuasively
- Where appropriate, act as solution architect leading a team of subject matter experts to shape the complete and integrated solution (business and IT). This will not be just limited to SAP but include other technologies, and platforms
- Be part of a small team that sets up the foundations for the resulting programme, enable a smooth transition into Design and the resulting phases. In some circumstances, you will be expected to remain on the programme for continuity and because of the regard you are held in
On-going proposition development
- Contribute to improving the ERP Advisory approach, collateral and sales materials.
Why this role?
As a Senior SAP Supply Chain Business Advisor, you will be a leader in our ERP Advisory team of diverse ERP Advisors and Consultants. You provide your expertise and experience in your specialism, as well as a creative and advisory mindset to bring value and structure to our ERP Advisory approach.
As a Practice we truly believe that high performing teams can achieve more than a high performing individual, and as a senior team member you will champion this and your enthusiasm and passion will bring out the best in others, too. A key part of your role will also be to build further relationships with across Capgemini in the UK and globally to further build the strength and value of our ERP Advisory approach.
This role will allow you to continue to explore your knowledge and expertise of complex transformations enabled by SAP Supply Chain and IBP and other technologies. It will stimulate your creativity to identify the best way to approach our clients’ challenges and build an engagement that enables the team to WOW them with our understanding of their business and the quality and detail of our recommendations.
- Engaging and enthusiastic communicator with strong interpersonal, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Ability to drive creative collaboration where team members may have varying levels of knowledge and a diverse skillset
- Experience in leading workshops and interviews with senior stakeholders up to and including CxO-level, mainly in the sales and marketing function
- Evidence of the Advisory mindset with the ability to join top-down strategy with bottom-up reviews of opportunities to create and structure the right approach tailored from our 5-stage Advisory approach
- 5+ years of experience working with SAP Supply Chain and IBP solutions
- Able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of the sales, consumer and commercial requirements, dynamics, and trends in a particular industry and how SAP might best meet these. Sectors of note include including CPG, utilities, and discrete manufacturing
- Additionally, be able to demonstrate either experience or willingness to learn:
- Wide business and technology interest, with the ability to draw on relevant previous experience
- Numerate and analytical skills
- Resilience, used to working in high-pressure, deadline driven environments
- Quality orientated – be prepared to produce quality deliverables that resonate with clients in terms of relevance, narrative, detail, and conclusions.
About our Packages Advisory Services Practice
The Packages Advisory Practice is dedicated to helping our clients understand how their enterprise platform needs to evolve to enable their business strategy. Our small, entrepreneurial practice works closely with a wide range of experts across the SAP and Oracle practices, as well as with business process and strategy experts in Business Services and Invent to help our clients identify and achieve their business ambitions through technology.
We are a market led and people focused business that delivers success through:
A clear strategy
Deep market knowledge
Develop and retention of our staff
Strong and innovative delivery
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.