Who you’ll be working with
Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini’s Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world’s top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Finanical Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
The focus of your role
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a “distributed delivery model” to deliver such programmes.
It’s important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients as a member of a solution architecture team, typically within/associated with a delivery, proposition or consulting engagement
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, global teams to deliver strategic business, information & technology service architecture development
- Support business development activities in the way of pre-sales, shaping and designing solution architectures for proposals
- Being responsible for hands on development using technologies Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring boot, JBOSS, JDBC, MongoDB, Hadoop, MariaDB, Swagger or RAML, REST standards
- Being involved in infrastructure activities using following tech CICD Pipelines, Jenkins build tools, RedHat Openshift Cloud Infra, DevOps etc.
What you’ll bring
- Experience in design & delivery of a variety of solution architecture led solutions e.g. SOA, API tech – Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring boot, REST standards along with a demonstrable working knowledge of DevOps technologies
- Proven background liaising with senior stakeholders to influence their thinking
- Creativity and resilience in the face of change, obstacles and adversity
- An outcome-oriented approach to architecture-enabled value creation
- A broad knowledge of technology solutions, current trends and techniques, and ability to communicate new technology developments
- Good financial services knowledge/experience, with consulting experience an added advantage
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other and with our clients, we get under the skin of business and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.