Who you’ll be working with
Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini’s Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world’s top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Financial Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
The focus of your role
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a “distributed delivery model” to deliver such programmes.
It’s important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
What you will be doing
- Use your C# & ASP.Net skills to help our clients develop their legacy applications on modern cloud-hosted platforms.
- As a key part of the scrum team, help to reshape our clients’ core products, working on green- and brownfield solutions using the latest technologies.
- Play a large role in the product lifecycle, contributing to design, development & delivery through our automated deployment pipelines.
- Build easy-to-consume services for consumption by a number of other product teams and systems.
- Bring your strong experience of TDD and automation to further increase confidence in and quality of the systems you work on.
What you will bring to the role
- A strong understanding of API-centric solutions
- Expertise in C# and ASP.Net web development, preferably .Net 4.7 onwards
- Strong experience of HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap, along with Web Services Integration using SOAP and REST, Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Prefer expereince working with Azure Cloud Resources
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge & experience of areas such as OOP, SOLID principles, design patterns, MVC, unit testing
- An Agile mindset and experience of working within a Scrum environment
- Experience of SQL Server for data source integration and reporting, including SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Strong experience of integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Desire experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Containerization
- You also may or may not have experience of managing small development teams, as we have multiple opportunities available that will span scales of experience.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.