The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Capgemini Financial Services is a Global Strategic Business Unit that provides information technology and consultancy services to the Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance industries. Capgemini FS brings you leading insights & deep industry experience to drive the future of Financial Services. Our customers count on us for the very latest in innovative service offerings & next generation global delivery.
We are deepening our relationship with one of Capgemini Group’s Platinum Accounts in the Financial Services sector in Australia hence looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to be part of the senior account leadership team alongside the Account Lead and Delivery Lead. You’ll have extensive experience within the IT/Consulting services industry, with a strong career track record from ‘hands-on’ consultant/ technologist to where you are now as at Executive who can speak from your years of first hand experience partnering with clients. We believe this trajectory will have equipped you with a unique mix of business and management expertise as well as knowledge of how to get the best outcomes for both client and internal executives. We’re looking for a COO with strong commercial and leadership skills as well as a creative, innovative approach to business through a customer’s lens.
Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. We were recently awarded the best organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality index for our diversity and inclusion programs. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work. Our goal is to offer unparalleled opportunities to our people and empower anyone, anywhere to deliver exceptional work for our organisation, while contributing to an inclusive and sustainable future for our people, our clients and our society. #getthefutureyouwant
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Account Lead and Delivery Lead in driving the account vision, operational strategy & execution and resourcing
- Operations (resourcing: including contract, permanent, on-shore & off-shore recruitment as well as workflows, process, on-boarding & off-boarding rigour and asset management)
- Develop actionable business & account strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the account head and delivery partner
- Implement account strategy, setting actionable goals by creating and executing an annual operating plan
- Reporting – pulling together data from several sources/systems to form a ‘single source of truth’ view
- Governance – internal and external
- Audit and Compliance (internal and external)
- Partner Ecosystem Management (including establishing joint account plans, governance & cadence)
- Commercial (contracts: updates, renewals, terms) & Financial (forecasting, invoicing)
- Account transformation initiatives, including team professional development, continuous improvement, automation, amongst others & building a highly inclusive culture ensuring account leads thrive and account outcomes are met
- Analyse internal operations and identify areas of process improvement or account transformation initiatives to minimise revenue leakage
- Monitor performance with data and establish corrective measures as needed
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key clients, partners and internal stakeholders
Let’s talk about your capability and experience:
- IT Consulting / professional Services background
- Banking domain experience ideal
- Experience of redefining processes, implementing new initiatives and workflow tools
- Knowledge and awareness of the current technologies across cloud, data, banking domains and agile methodology & practices
- Senior stakeholder engagement & influencing experience coupled with people leadership and management experience
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant – Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.