Job Title: Accessibility Tech Lead
Location: Horsham, PA (Remote till the Pandemic gets Subsides)
Employee Type: Full time with Benefits
- This role you will provide senior level accessibility technical leadership and guidance to developers across the enterprise when building web applications mobile applications and working with vendor hosted solutions
- Willingness to be the hands on Accessibility
- Expert where you will advise support and contribute solutions to front end design and development teams as they strive to improve the accessibility of our client facing digital interfaces
- Passion to help the entire team focus on accessibility and ability to train and coach
- Front End Developers Software Testers UX Designers Content Strategists Visual Designers and accessibility ambassadors on best practices and creative solutions to sometimes complicated implementations
- Trains and mentors staff with less experience
- Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience
- Provides technical leadership to junior crew
- Responsible for design code and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues
- Explains technical considerations at related meetings including those with internal clients
- Provides overview of techniques developers can use when building users interfaces that comply with Accessibility Guidelines Is highly functional on large matrixed project teams
- Interfaces with cross functional team members including database administrator IT security project manager technical writer and clients
- Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Working Knowledge of AWS Platform is a plus such as but not limited to S3 EC2 Postgress DynamoDB ECS Fargate Lamda Automated testing experience Building Single Page web applications
- Knowledge of Accessibility standards WCAG 2 1 level A and AA and ability to mentor other developers
- Assistive technology knowledge and experience is a plus JAWS NVDA WindowEyes ZoomText VoiceOver
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology
- Thoroughly understands architecture standards
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills Related work
- Experience Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2-5 years developer experience At least 2 years Accessibility experience
- 3-3 years experience in Technical Leadership
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What We Offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.