Job Title: SRE Automation Engineer
Travel/Relocation: Remote till Covid Restrictions
Responsible for improving and managing the productivity of technology and business processes by creating automated workflows to replace the manual ones. Should have experience with configuration management tools (such as Ansible), script languages (including Python, Ruby, JScript, VBscript), cloud infrastructure and containerization technologies and management platforms such as Docker, CoreOS, or Kubernetes.
In previous roles, must have led and managed teams with focus on analyzing existing processes to identify automation opportunities across multiple platforms and technologies. Collaborated with development teams to design processes in the most efficient way to enable automation and machine learning in a culture of innovation
Should have ability to build, maintain, and leverage relationships as well as expert level verbal and written communication skills and flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid changes.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools in configuration management, deployment, monitoring and operations
- 5+ yrs. of experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and related tools, such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Chef, or equivalents.
- 5+ years of experience in script languages (including Python, Ruby, JScript, VBscript), cloud infrastructure and containerization technologies and management platforms such as Docker, CoreOS, or Kubernetes.
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- A passion for SRE/DevOps principals and a clear drive to remove toil and run highly resilient/automated systems
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and related tools, such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Chef, or equivalents.
- Experience in an Agile delivery environment
- Experience as a hands-on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work
- Experience supporting customer problems and communication
- Experience or interest in speaking/presenting at tech conferences.
- Experience in communication and organization in large, distributed teams
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Consulting Experience is a plus
- Consulting Experience is a plus
- Manages continual process and automation improvement initiatives, working with Product owner, developers, network engineers and domain experts to identify opportunities. Automation opportunities may include both internal IT processes and business processes that can be enabled by technology.
- Contributes to thought leadership through the participating in the development of support processes/procedures.
- Work to automate design patterns and configuration management through full lifecycle; (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, AWS Cloud-formation, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Conduct a system analysis to assess and recommend areas of improvement need to improve the speed and resiliency of the systems
- Research and recommend technology to be employed in activating your recommendations
- Proactively work with development teams and operation teams to build robust solutions for issues across the organization
- Contribute to thought leadership through the participating in the development of support processes/procedures.
- Lead the development and maintenance of automated processes, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Maintain a portfolio of automation scripts.
- Conduct impact analysis of any application or infrastructure changes that interact with automation and make associated script changes and updates.
- Develop reporting to measure the effectiveness of automated processes.
- Work with development and architecture team to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.