• Be part of Global production support team supporting health and compliance of Technology Infrastructure systems including but not limited to, UNIX and Windows Servers, Storage (NAS/SAN), backups and Databases
• Perform support tasks as documented and aligned to each technology platform supported. This includes but is not limited to: UNIX, Linux, Windows Server, NAS, SAN, Backups, DB2, Hadoop, Sybase, SQL
• Ensuring critical issues are attended in a timely manner and escalated when appropriate
• Prioritizing tasks and adhering to Service Level Targets
• Contribute in Root Cause Analysis
Skills Set Required:
• Relevant Experience in managing Linux & Solaris and Windows Server Operating Systems
• Experience with virtualization technologies, e.g. Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare ESX
• Understanding of SAN/ NAS and associated protocols
• Experience supporting hardware including HP and Dell Enterprise servers
• Good working knowledge with DNS, NIS, LDAP, DHCP, autofs, NFS, TCP/IP, NTP
• Basic database administration, Sybase and DB2 preferred
• Excellent analytical and problems solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
• Experience performing Active Directory
• AD Object management
• Experience with change control and incident management
Involves researching, developing and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies for optimum performance.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Day to day management and support of servers;
• Being part of a team of technical specialists in service delivery and transitional projects;
• Monitoring of the servers, addressing any issues raised and ensuring that contracted services are met;
• Proactive maintenance of the server estate;
• Server Hardware and Server OS break fix using the EARS ticketing system;
• Patching & Anti-Virus updates;
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Simple and Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now