The way we are gathering and storing data is evolving as never before. Data is everywhere. Are you passionate about data? Ready to explore the data and derive information and insights from it?
Just as data is everywhere, also technology to analyze data is emerging quickly. The more traditional business intelligence architecture is challenged by open source technologies such as Python, R, Spark and Scala. In parallel, there is an increasing demand in the market to incorporate machine learning algorithms/applications within the in-house technology landscape.
Capgemini is looking for people who are able to safeguard the equilibrium between a well-designed BI-landscape and the introduction of new techniques and algorithms within those existing BI landscapes. At Capgemini, we are convinced that every data analyst/scientist should have experience in the more traditional BI activities such as building a BI data warehouse and the related end-user reports. Likewise, anybody entering his/her professional life with data science aspirations, should at least also be interested in a more traditional BI challenge.
Working for Capgemini gives you the opportunity to benefit from merit-based promotion, build your network, grow your knowledge and participate in and contribute to a global team that acts with passion, commitment and integrity. Capgemini offers you the freedom to be outstanding!
You’ll be involved in the delivery of end-to-end projects at some of the world’s largest accounts. This includes:
- Understanding of business stakeholders challenges
- Understanding of data
- Linking the business challenges and the available data
- Preparing (and gathering) data as well as assessing its quality
- Modelling given the business requirements and data using advanced analytical methods
- Evaluating model outcomes and reiterate until the requirements are met
- Communicating results to the end-users
- Deploy these models
You’ll be involved in the business development (pre-sales, replying to RFP/RFI) activities for the continuous growth of Capgemini.
You’ll be part of an international organisation and practice and will be based in Belgium (at client side, in our office or working remotely).
You’ll have the opportunity to coach and train other colleagues in the field of data science and big data
- You have a bachelor/master degree with a link to data analytics like: data science, data mining, statistics, artificial intelligence, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- Relevant experience in projects about data mining and machine learning is much appreciated.
- Link with or interest in traditional BI is a must.
- You think of ‘continuous learning’ as a good thing.
- You have an analytical mind accompanied by strong social skills.
- You are experienced with different programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, SAS, Spark or Scala.
- You have excellent communication skills. A good knowledge of at least one of the two national languages (French and Dutch) and English is important.
- Knowledge of big data (Hadoop, google bigQuery, …) is a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design principles and ETL is a plus.
What we offer
- A unique environment for your personal development.
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight.
- Wide range of training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package.
Convinced? Don’t hesitate! Apply now and we can have a constructive conversation. It’s in our DNA to be flexible in the way we work: we can meet up close to your location, you can come visit our headquarters and meet some of our teams and consultants, we can have a video call… all up to you!