JOB TITLE – GCP Cloud Data Architect
LOCATION – London
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT – Permanent
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
We are currently seeking a top performing GCP Cloud Data Architect with hands on experience with Data, Analytics and Cloud technology specifically with GCP to join our successful Insights & Data Practice.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultant will be expected to travel.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced GCP Cloud Data Architect with Technical / Management skills in the area of Cloud Data Solutions. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders and articulate solutions at various levels.
The GCP Cloud Data Architect will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Cloud Data solution, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, data application design and development, testing, and Test and Deployment in Cloud Infrastructures. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust Data solutions.
What you’ll do
The range of activities that our Cloud Data Architects get involved with is extensive and includes:
- Provide in-depth knowledge and strategy regarding the migration of our client’s data on to GCP.
- Provide technical, advisory and thought leadership on the provision of analytics environments leveraging GCP based platforms, big data technologies, including integration with existing data and analytics platforms and tools.
- Building a range of services in GCP & having any other cloud provider knowledge will be helpful.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataproc, Bigtable, Spanner, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Data Studio, Looker and emerging technologies, covering on-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns.
- Design and implement data access patterns for multiple analytical and operational workloads across Cloud based platforms
- Create information solutions covering data security, data privacy, data governance, metadata management, multi-tenancy and mixed workload management across Apache Beam, Apache Spark and NoSQL platforms
- Delivery of customer Cloud Strategies, aligned our client’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations ensuring global to local regulations, security, risk and compliance
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data modelling including canonical data models (business logical models)
- Responding to client RFI, RFP and ITT documents including cost estimates and follow activities to secure new business.