Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Job Title: ServiceNow Discovery Technology Manager
Location: Baltimore, MD a plus. This can be a virtual role located in the US
Takes ownership and leadership of CMDB initiatives. Champion of CMDB discovery process and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity for one or more accounts. A leader in their area of expertise, recognized as a subject matter expert in all aspects relating to CI automated Discovery and the CMDB in ServiceNow Experienced in industry standards, implementations and audits of the CMDB. Leads CMDB discovery remediations and / or troubleshooting efforts either on request or proactively.
- Builds customer relationships by delivering above client expectations on assigned deliverables and accountable for proactively identifying & winning add on work and cross sales leads
- Stays current on ServiceNow products and applicable ServiceNow discovery and integration technologies related to the CMDB, CSDM, Configuration Management and SACM
- Provides CMDB and Configuration Management Discovery related experience leadership including training, mentoring & staff augmentation
- Oversees the delivery of discovery data integration into the CMDB for one or more accounts.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of proper relationships as defined in the agreed Configuration Models
- Ensures that the implemented process is followed to guarantee the integrity and accuracy of the data within & to integrate data to support registration of new Assets / Configuration Items (CIs)
- Assist in the Audits of the CMDB as planned in the Audit Schedule to ensure accuracy – via physical or auto-scans; proactively identifying discrepancies and driving same to closure to maintain accuracy of the CMDB
- Assists in conducting Quality Assurance over the discovery component of Configuration Management / CMDB process and policies
- Assisting in SACM/CMDB Service Level Agreement reporting, both operational and ad-hoc reports as required and agreed
- Follows and champions SACM, Configuration Management and CMDB process & technology standards
- Experience with Discovery setup in ServiceNow or other tool as well as understanding of and ability to communicate and implement the ITIL CMDB Model
- Experience Implementing (building) a CMDB and hardware asset management
- Extensive knowledge of ServiceNow platform and product features
- Excellent presentation and team handling skills
- Ability to define high level solution for ITSM, ITOM, Discovery, Automation
- Vertical Discovery (i.e. Service Mapping). Business Rules and UI Actions principles
- Business Analysis skills – Excel and/or Local Database procedures to evaluate data.
- Attributes available, and knowledge of the principle key identification attributes used
- Reconciliation experience (Comparison of multiple sources to evaluate coverage and record enhancement)
- ServiceNow Tables: Experience navigating and using the following tables: Foundation, Major Classes (Servers, PCs, Netgear), Relationships, Jobs)
- Participation in Partner Portal and Developer Site – to assure familiarity with ServiceNow releases, changes and features
- Experience in Supporting the IT Service Management Process from a SACM perspective as well as improvements in the tool, process, steering mechanisms, and people
- Understanding of how Business processes are supported by technology
- Understanding of hardware, software and application asset and CI types. Understanding of Application Services and their functionality in the ITIL model
- ITIL certified (Foundation v3 or v4)
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, CIS – Discovery and CIS – Service Mapping
- Delta Certifications and new product familiarity for all major releases
- Micro certifications – simulator based ‘Configure CMDB’ and ‘CMDB Health’
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law