12+ years of digital industry in managing projects / programs
• As a digital product owner, you should take the lead in many areas of WBA digital product development to gradually access WBA’s deep well of market knowledge to strategize and present their vision to stakeholders.
• Define the vision for the product development team, using your high-level perspective to define goals and create a vision for development projects.
• Responsible for communicating with stakeholders across the board, including customers, business managers, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear, and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
• Define strategic guide for stakeholders to reference as well as a plan for execution. Owning the product with a higher perspective to ensure that the team maintains a cohesive vision despite the flexible and often fast-paced nature of agile product development.
• Help the team maintain that vision by creating a product roadmap at a high-level to provide strategic visual summary that outlines the vision and direction for the product offering over time.
• Managing the product backlog contributing to the development team’s project to-do list. Create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives. Additionally, map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
• Ensure the product backlog is continually updated based on evolving project needs throughout development by making the list accessible and available to all stakeholders (particularly developers) to ensure optimized performance and project outcomes.
• Prioritize needs by juggling the triangle of scope, budget, and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders. Ability to gauge which areas have flexibility and which don’t to determine how and when each iteration and product element will be developed.
• Oversee development stages with the vision, strategy, and product priorities set throughout each event, including planning, refinement, review, and sprint, Work with stakeholders to identify and organize the steps required for the next iteration, meet with their team to refine the process, identify areas for improvement, and support the sprint.
• Anticipate client needs by being an expert at understanding the team’s needs to manage the development process more effectively. Have deep market knowledge and communication skills allow them to anticipate problems or needs and address them. Act as primary liaison between stakeholders and teams to make sure there’s buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy and clear instructions and deliverables for the developers.
• Evaluate product progress at each iteration for each stage of the development process and the final product. Take a primary role in inspecting and evaluating product progress through each iteration, make the judgment call on the performance.
• Assist your scrum team through every step of the development process, making it easy to transition from outlining the customer journey and mocking up product designs to mapping product dependencies and sharing your work with stakeholders.
• Roll up your developer sleeves to help the team meet their goals during a sprint.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in working with the Agile Methodology and the Software Development Life Cycle
• Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Superior presentation and negotiation skills
• Knowledge in the Digital transformation (web/mobile) domain with proven track record of delivery.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program. They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You ensure that client needs are satisfied through the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of application solutions in response to client requirements, expressed in approved service requests. You are responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. You ensure that the project meets its deliverables in an agreed schedule, according to the scope, within stipulated budget, and to quality standards.
• Qualification: 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Should have EM Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Negotiating, Vendor Management, Risk Management and Project Financials, KPI & Reporting
• Should have progressing skills Quality Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.