In a world where change happens in a split second, our clients must master the art of balancing business transformation with operational excellence and cost reduction to protect their market leadership and safeguard their workforce.
They need the best and brightest talent to limit business disruption and foster future growth, all while striving to realize a new normal. In this context, it’s our people within Insights & Data that are the core enablers to support our clients in their growth journeys. To give our clients our best and brightest, we pride ourselves on being a fast-paced, fun, ethical place to work, where the “work hard, play hard” mentality holds true. Even more important is our clear commitment to creating a diverse workforce in all areas. In fact, for the ninth time in a row, Capgemini has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. In addition, we’ve been recognized as a top company for women by Working Mother Media.
Capgemini’s Insights & Data Americas practice is comprised of professionals with data, analytics, and AI expertise, covering the full data- and AI-powered transformation lifecycle. Our people extend into all industries we conduct work with our clients in the areas of; data science, data engineering, data strategy, intelligent process automation, data ecosystems, intelligent industry/IoT, enterprise management, customer-first marketing, and data partnerships/disruptors (such as SAP, Microsoft, Google, AWS, Snowflake, Oracle, Adobe, etc.).
We do great work at I&D that is at the forefront of innovation. We pride ourselves as an inclusive, talented, and accomplished workforce, so please contact us to explore your fit with us.
Domain 1: Perform Discovery and Determine Scope
- Analyze data via SQL queries to assess structure, granularity, quality, and fit for analytics.
- Gather, document, and validate detailed business requirements.
- Brainstorm, define, and document innovative, actionable analytics and KPIs.
- Prepare high-level project plans including required activities, resources, and timeframes.
- Given a scenario, recommend the appropriate analytics delivery method.
- Know and understand how and when to recommend Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Online, Tableau Mobile, and Embedded Analytics options.
Domain 2: Evaluate, Prepare, and Connect to Data
- Understand and recommend where relevant Tableau’s data management products – e.g., Tableau Prep, Server Add-on, Data Catalog, Bridge.
- Plan and implement Tableau connections to data sources, particularly Cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, Google Cloud SQL, and Azure SQL.
- Collaborate with data engineers and architects to prepare efficient data sets aligned with requirements.
- Create views and aggregate data sets within Cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake & Redshift.
- Create data structures and transformations via Tableau joins, unions, functions, and data curation.
- Plan, implement, publish, and schedule Tableau data extracts.
Domain 3: Plan and Implement Calculations
- Recommend an efficient calculation method – via Tableau or Data Warehouse.
- Create Tableau calculations – e.g., dates, aggregates, logical, table calcs, functions.
- Create LOD expressions and ensure correct order of operations.
- Analyze and validate results.
Domain 4: Design and Develop Dashboards
- Plan and implement performance best practices.
- Recommend and develop optimal visualizations for insightful, actionable business use.
- Design dashboards based on visual analytics best practices and business requirements.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to design and iterate insightful dashboards.
- Build interactivity into dashboards – e.g., parameters, actions, navigation – for ease-of-use.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT), performance testing (load times), and deployment.
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced skills in SQL queries.
- Effective communications, both written and verbal.
- Data story-telling abilities and analytical curiosity.
- Work independently under time constraints.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Tableau certifications.
- Advanced degree in an analytics-related field.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Data Warehouses – Snowflake, Redshift, Google, Azure.
- Python skills in full-stack environments (data preparation to visualizations).
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.