Lead Engine Control Systems Engineer
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion
- In this role, you will lead teams of control system engineers in developing new and modified turbine engine control systems. You will serve as a project leader and technical focal point for the development and integration of control system sensors, actuators, and other LRUs (Line Replaceable Units), mentor engineers in various systems engineering disciplines, and a partner with other controls engineering leaders to drive technical training and development initiatives within our team.
- Preferred candidates will have previous control system engineering experience in new development of control systems, especially for gas turbine or internal combustion engine applications, advanced knowledge of control system components, and/or have previous experience as technical mentor or an engineering manager. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to interface with the customer, certification agencies, third party suppliers, global resources, and with peers such as hardware and software engineers.
• requirements analysis
• requirements decomposition
• systems design
• model based development system design
• systems integration
• systems validation & verification
• customer interaction
• project oversight
• project coordination
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Minimum 8+ years engineering experience, control systems
• Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident due to export control requirements
• Proven track record of ability to produce robust technical solutions and achieve milestones on time and within budget.
• Experience with physics based dynamic modeling and analysis of air and thermal systems (pressure and flow management, heat transfer)
• Simulation and automation experience using Matlab/Simulink, Parallel Computing Toolbox, Cluster Computing, Python, Visual Basic, ANSYS
• Systems engineering technical process knowledge (requirements validation and decomposition, ARP4754A or equivalent)
• Technical experience in control system design (closed loop control, logic definition)
• Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to an environment with dynamic process and program needs
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.