Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Software Engagement Project Manager Job Description
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a software Engagement project manager(SEPM). The responsibilities of the SEPM include overseeing software projects from start to finish for Budgeting , Financial planning and execution, Creating Projects, Tracking Project Profitability, Monthly Forecasting and Reporting, Invoicing and Project Closure. All these activities need to be done in our Project Management Tool.
To be successful as a SEPM, you should have a good working knowledge of project Financials and the ability to track the Project Profitability.
Software Engagement Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Creating a project budget and ensuring the project adheres to the budget as closely as possible.
• Tracking milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
• Interact with Finance team for Project Creation, Closure, Invoicing and other relevant activities
• Project Forecast in the beginning of the month
• Project Reporting at the end of the month
• To make sure that Project Management tool is up-to-date for individual project engagements
• Manage end to end Billing and invoicing using Project Invoicing tool
• Team Building initiatives
o Working with TA + PSL stakeholders on managing / coordinating additions to the Team.
o Working with Resource Management team for internal hiring of resources for Customer projects
• Proposals/ pitches/RFPs
o Working with PMO/Bid Management/Center of Excellence/Innovation Teams
Software Engagement Project Manager Requirements:
• Proven experience in Project Financial Management – majorly from Profitability perspective
• Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques.
• Good Financial and Profitability Tracking Expertise
• Good focus on improving project profitability on Month to Month basis – Delivery Value Improvement
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.