Capgemini’s ASE is the combination of a robust methodology, an accredited facilitation team supported by a creative network of practitioners, and a unique, purpose-built environment, physical or virtual, where groups come together for 1 to 4 days to accelerate business decision making, increase productivity, reduce risk, enhance stakeholder support, improve quality of work, and create innovative solutions – all while having fun with the problem!
The Solution Designer’s purpose is to:
• Partner with an ASE facilitator to be actively involved in the scoping, designing, and facilitating of ASE events
• Project manage and support ASE events from opportunity to final wrap-up (event budget, staff, logistics, technology, inputs, deliverables)
• Grow and improve the ASE venture
Friday morning, you receive a last-minute call from the CEO for the event you are delivering starting Monday because the ASE facilitator was not available, and she wanted to go through the design of the event one more time. Next, you jump on a call with the ASE Tech Lead to make sure your event next week will go off without a hitch. The next hour you squeeze in time to work on an internal ASE project that you are leading to continually improve ASE processes and tools, an email comes through from one of the participants on next week’s event letting you know that he is vegetarian and can you alert the caterer. Later that day, you turn on your “on an event” email for the following week because you are delivering an event from Monday through Friday and don’t know when you will be free.
• Monday 8:00am – 8:00pm: Prep Day – ASE facilitator and you prep the rest of the ASE team consisting of 8-10 team members, review the purpose, objectives, and design of the event. Assign roles, responsibilities, and tasks. Meet the client sponsor team one last time before Day 1 to review the game plan and make any last-minute adjustments. Check back in with the ASE team at the end of the day to ensure we are ready to go
• Tuesday – Thursday 6:30am – 8:00pm: Event Days – Drink coffee, execute the event, ensure smoothness, look for ways to make it better, change something on a dime, fill in for another teammate, help the client understand, explain the task, look for mistakes, be one step in front of everyone, communicate with the team, listen, facilitate, design, write, audit
• Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm: Post Day – Lead the finalization of client deliverables
• Monday The Next Week: Receive an email from the CEO of the event saying that this was one of the best events of her career and highlights all the key outcomes and personally thanks you
Characteristics of a Solution Designer:
• You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it
• You are client focused and able to help clients through an unfamiliar process in an affable and organized way
• You can manage multiple projects and events at the same time across multiple clients
• You like helping people. You get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments
• You are adaptable and flexible enough to comfortably deal with change
• You are motivated to produce outstanding work
• You are comfortable in unfamiliar situations and to be willing to step into other people's roles if need be
• You pay attention to the details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
• You seek to understand, challenge assumptions, and redefine problems in an attempt to identify alternative strategies and solutions
• You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Assists the facilitator with managing client sponsors and their expectations on scope, amount and detail of work, deliverables, costs, and timelines
• Lifts level of client ambition to achieve optimum results
• Co-designs and owns ASE event design
• Manages the budget of an ASE event by estimating and tracking costs and performance
• Identifies the team to deliver the event
• Arranges logistics (e.g., facilities, staffing, catering, technology, etc) associated with an ASE event
• Acts as a single point of contact for all content in and out of an ASE event
• Leads event deliverables
• Understands and can speak to the ASE methodology
• Supports the sales process
• Becomes the single point of contact for all event stakeholders
• Identifies growth opportunities within the ASE and leads the charge in solving for them
Key Behaviours and Competencies:
• Is creative and curious and always looking for useful new knowledge, skills, and opportunities to grow in the role
• Can inspire and motivate the team toward big results
• Can move forward even in uncertain times and without having all the information needed
• Is able to work in a high energy, dynamic, non-hierarchical oriented team
• Is infectiously passionate about your work
• Can work in confidence alone and in close collaboration
• Is flexible
• Is reliable
• Is willing to travel
ASE team on events
• Five plus years of client-facing work experience
• Displays strong project management skills
• Managed multiple projects at the same time
• Expertise across the Office Suite (PPT, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant –http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.