In a world where change happens in a split second, our clients must master the art of balancing business transformation with operational excellence and cost reduction to protect their market leadership and safeguard their workforce.
They need the best and brightest talent to limit business disruption and foster future growth, all while striving to realize a new normal. In this context, it’s our people within Insights & Data that are the core enablers to support our clients in their growth journeys. To give our clients our best and brightest, we pride ourselves on being a fast-paced, fun, ethical place to work, where the “work hard, play hard” mentality holds true. Even more important is our clear commitment to creating a diverse workforce in all areas. In fact, for the ninth time in a row, Capgemini has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. In addition, we’ve been recognized as a top company for women by Working Mother Media.
Capgemini’s Insights & Data Americas practice is comprised of professionals with data, analytics, and AI expertise, covering the full data- and AI-powered transformation lifecycle. Our people extend into all industries we conduct work with our clients in the areas of; data science, data engineering, data strategy, intelligent process automation, data ecosystems, intelligent industry/IoT, enterprise management, customer-first marketing, and data partnerships/disruptors (such as SAP, Microsoft, Google, AWS, Snowflake, Oracle, Adobe, etc.).
We do great work at I&D that is at the forefront of innovation. We pride ourselves as an inclusive, talented, and accomplished workforce, so please contact us to explore your fit with us.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package-based solutions (e.g., SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities:
Domain 1: Perform Discovery and Determine Scope
Analyze data via SQL queries to assess structure, granularity, quality, and fit for analytics.
Gather, document, and validate detailed business requirements.
Brainstorm, define, and document innovative, actionable analytics and KPIs.
Prepare high-level project plans including required activities, resources, and timeframes.
Given a scenario, recommend the appropriate analytics delivery method.
Know and understand how and when to recommend Power BI platform, mobile, and Embedded Analytics options.
Domain 2: Evaluate, Prepare, and Connect to Data
Plan and implement Power BI connections to data sources, particularly Cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, Google Cloud SQL, and Azure SQL.
Collaborate with data engineers and architects to prepare efficient data sets aligned with requirements.
Create views and aggregate data sets within Cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake & Redshift.
- Identify and connect to data source and change settings.
- Select a shared dataset or create a local dataset, select a storage mode.
- Choose an appropriate query type and identify query performance issues.
- Use Microsoft Dataverse and parameters.
- Use or create a PBIDS file and data flows.
- Connect to a dataset using the XMLA endpoint.
Clean, transform, and load data:
- Resolve inconsistencies, unexpected or null values, and data quality issues.
- Apply user-friendly value replacements.
- Identify and create appropriate keys for joins.
- Evaluate and transform column data types.
- Apply data shape transformations to table structures.
- Apply user-friendly naming conventions to columns and queries.
- Leverage Advanced Editor to modify Power Query M code.
- Configure data loading and resolve data import errors.
Domain 3: Plan and Implement Data Models & DAX
Recommend an efficient calculation method – via Power BI or Data Warehouse.
Analyze and validate results.
Design a data model:
- Define and configure tables and column properties.
- Define quick measures.
- Flatten out parent-child hierarchies.
- Define role-playing dimensions.
- Define a relationship's cardinality and cross-filter direction.
- Design the data model to meet performance requirements.
- Resolve many-to-many relationships.
- Create a common date tables.
- Define the appropriate level of data granularity.
Develop a data model:
- Apply cross-filter direction and security filtering.
- Create calculated tables, hierarchies, and calculated columns.
- Implement row-level security roles.
- Set up the Q&A feature.
Create measures by using DAX:
- Use DAX to build complex measures.
- Use CALCULATE to manipulate filters.
- Implement Time Intelligence using DAX.
- Replace numeric columns with measures.
- Use basic statistical functions to enhance data.
- Create semi-additive measures.
Optimize model performance:
- Remove unnecessary rows and columns.
- Identify poorly performing measures, relationships, and visuals.
- Improve cardinality levels by changing data types and through summarization.
- Create and manage aggregations.
Domain 4: Design Dashboards and Develop Visualizations/Reports
Plan and implement performance best practices.
Recommend and develop optimal visualizations for insightful, actionable business use.
Design dashboards based on visual analytics best practices and business requirements.
Collaborate with business stakeholders to design and iterate insightful dashboards.
Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT), performance testing (load times), and deployment.
- Add visualization items to reports and choose an appropriate visualization type.
- Format and configure visualizations.
- Import a custom visual.
- Configure conditional formatting.
- Apply slicing and filtering.
- Add an R or Python visual.
- Configure the report page.
- Design and configure for accessibility.
- Configure automatic page refresh.
- Create a paginated report.
- Set mobile view.
- Manage tiles on a dashboard.
- Configure data alerts.
- Use the Q&A feature.
- Add a dashboard theme.
- Pin a live report page to a dashboard.
Enrich reports for usability:
- Configure bookmarks.
- Create custom tooltips.
- Edit and configure interactions between visuals.
- Configure navigation for a report.
- Apply sorting.
- Configure Sync Slicers.
- Use the selection pane, drill through and cross filter.
- Drilldown into data using interactive visuals.
- Export report data.
- Design reports for mobile devices.
Domain 5: Enable Insightful Analysis & AI
Enhance reports to expose insights:
- Apply conditional formatting.
- Apply slicers and filters.
- Perform top N analysis.
- Explore statistical summary.
- Use the Q&A visual.
- Add a Quick Insights result to a report.
- Create reference lines by using Analytics pane.
- Use the Play Axis feature of a visualization.
Perform advanced analysis:
- Identify outliers.
- Conduct Time Series analysis.
- Use groupings and binnings.
- Use the Key Influencers to explore dimensional variances.
- Use the decomposition tree visual to break down a measure.
- Apply AI Insights.
Domain 6: Deploy Assets and Maintain Access
- Configure a dataset scheduled refresh.
- Configure row-level security group membership.
- Provide access to datasets.
- Configure incremental refresh settings.
- Promote or certify Power BI datasets.
- Identify downstream dataset dependencies.
- Configure large dataset format.
Create and manage workspaces:
- Create and configure a workspace.
- Recommend a development lifecycle strategy.
- Assign workspace roles.
- Configure and update a workspace app.
- Publish, import, or update assets in a workspace.
- Apply sensitivity labels to workspace content.
- Use deployment pipelines.
- Configure subscriptions.
- Promote or certify Power BI content.
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-7 years’ experience (2 years min relevant experience in the role)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- SE level 1 and seeking level 2
- Experience in Package Configuration
- Proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management
- Advanced skills in SQL queries
- Effective communications, both written and verbal
- Work independently under time constraints
- Strong attention to detail
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Microsoft Power BI certifications
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Data Warehouses – e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, Google, Azure
- Python skills in full-stack environments (data preparation to visualizations)
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.