Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
You have mastered several Software Engineering areas, applications or database environments. You act as a Software Engineering stream leader with technical delivery ownership within a (limited) number of technology areas. You contribute to bids or client proposals based on your technological expertise. You also act as a team leader with delivery ownership, and guide individuals and groups towards desired outcomes. You actively participate in at least one community and contribute to community discussions.
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to client's specifications and create test data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field of study
- 3+ Years of experience; 6 – 8 years of experience is preferred
- Expertise of Linux kernel frameworks: DMA, PCIe, V4L2, ALSA
- Expertise of Linux kernel internal components such as memory management, concurrency/synchronization, device drivers and related framework
- Highly proficient with Git and standard SDLC practices such as Code Review, Documentation, Debugging
- Experienced in deployment of commercial embedded Linux systems
- Familiar with system performance analysis, profiling, and tuning
- Knowledge of embedded build systems such as BuildRoot, Yocto, OpenWRT
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law