A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Advanced Mechanical Engineer – System Dynamics
In this role, you will be part an Aerospace team that is responsible for the design and analysis for rotordynamics, engine dynamics and shafting. You will solve complex problems across a wide variety of technical fields including dynamics, vibration, finite element stress/deflection analysis, fatigue life analyses, and test support through engine health monitoring and test data reduction.
You Must Have
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering
• 3 years of experience using either ANSYS or Nastran finite element codes
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering plus more than two years of relevant engineering experience; or PhD Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering
• Experience with ANSYS nonlinear analysis using contact elements and material plasticity
• Experience with low cycle fatigue and crack growth life prediction
• Experience using ANSYS or Nastran for deflection, stress, natural frequencies, and forced response of components or assemblies
• Experience in signal processing of dynamic test data in the frequency and time domains using nCode or Matlab
• Experience with modal analysis and modal testing
• Exposure to rotordynamic analysis
• Motivated to drive improvements in a meaningful environment
• Passion for solving challenging problems
• Ambitious and able to work with little supervision, consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or necessitated by events
• Possess a wide degree of curiosity, creativity, and flexibility
• Ability to work with other team members ensuring timely completion of assignments
• Ability to juggle many priorities and competing demands easily and effectively
• Good interpersonal skills both written and verbal
• Experience with gas turbine engines and high-speed rotating machinery
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.