A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Advanced Mechanical Design Engineer
Imagine, design and develop products and systems as part of a highly engaged and integrated engineering team. You will collaborate across Aerospace engineering teams to create solutions and systems that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will participate in all phases of product development and will be a coach and mentor to less experienced engineers. Client is implementing advanced gas turbine system technologies in a number of aircraft propulsion products and auxiliary power units. Dramatic improvements to the fidelity of simulations used in the design processes of gas turbines are essential to shorten development cycles while meeting customer requirements on these projects. You will be responsible for leading activities within the Fan and Compressor Design Systems methods group to drive continued development of predictive tools to assess damage and performance degradation due to bird and ice ingestion. You will also be expected to provide guidance to fan and compressor design teams on the use of best practices for general mechanical modeling and measurements and will develop new processes in these areas. You will help lead root cause investigations of mechanical failures to enable rapid resolution
• Develop and improve modeling methods and best practices for forced response and impact analysis in turbomachinery
• Define and conduct tests to collect validation data for modeling methods
• Integrate forced response and impact analysis best practices into design workflows with emphasis on accuracy and cycle time reduction
• Guide design teams on use of best practices for mechanical modeling and measurements (linear and non-linear stress analysis, modal analysis, HCF, LCF and impact)
• Provide leadership of root cause investigations into mechanical failures in fans and compressors and the selection of appropriate design or fabrication changes
YOU MUST HAVE
• US Citizen or lawful permanent resident due to export control restrictions
• BS in Mechanical, Aerospace or other related Engineering field
• Six plus years of aerospace or mechanical engineering experience in FEA based modeling
• Advanced degree in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
• Ability to solve complex engineering problems
• Experience in developing and validating simulation processes with COTS tools
• Strong understanding of solid mechanics
• Programming / Scripting experience, preferably MATLAB
• Strategic planning skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work well in team environment
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Creativity and ability to develop original solutions with little guidance
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.