Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
The main function of a Embedded Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems.
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to client's specifications and create test data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 5+ years of hands-on embedded development experience
- Experience working in RTOS environments on microcontrollers using C++ (or C) based software/firmware
- Bare metal experience is also good, however some RTOS experience is required
- In this code environment, experience with peripherals: I2C, SPI, ADCs, UART, LIN, CAN, Ethernet
- Experience working with Greenhills uVelosity
- Developers proficient with microcontroller background only in C and willing to learn C++
- Experience with: Greenhills uVelosity, WHIS SafeRTOS, Azure ThreadX + IAR, or SEGGER embOS + IAR