Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Visit us at https://www.capgemini.com/us-en/. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Senior Major Incident Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
The role of the Major Incident Manager is to undertake management of Major Incidents, ensuring that they are managed and communicated within the scope of Service Level Agreement, securing that all engaged parties perform up to high standards and follow agrees process. The role ensures that the output from Major Incident Management process is of high quality and provides management with the right level of business intelligence. The primary goal of Major Incident Manager is, as a matter of urgency, to minimize or remove the adverse impact of Incidents on the business that is caused by errors within the IT Infrastructure, process failures, engaged staff competencies. The ultimate objective is to restore IT services as soon as possible. The role of Major Incident Manager is embedded into Service Management Team and therefore works closely with Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Desk Capgemini Service Tower Management Leads, Service Delivery Managers and at times directly with the Customer. To build and maintain effective working relationships across tiers (Capgemini, Client, 3rd Party and Partner contacts). This role closely aligns with Capgemini's ITIL best practices.
• Asses business impact and urgency, declare Major Incident or trigger business continuity procedures or disaster recovery invocation scripts;
• Manage the process of the service restoration or impact reduction;
• Ensures that cross -SDO incidents are resolved effectively securing end-to-end Service Level Agreement and Service Management;
• Identifies and takes control of unallocated incidents e.g. ‘gray space’;
• Acts as escalation point for SDOs where resolution ownership is disputed;
• Provides guidance and assistance to SDOs to ensure a globally consistent approach to operational processes;
• Provides consistent communications in scope of the process and services;
• Provides high quality reports and communications;
• Ensures that customer’s business interests are maintained over and above those of any specific SDO;
• Cooperates with various SDOs, Incident Managers, and Regional/Global Change Managers;
• Oversees the Incident Management process delivery;
• Pro-actively Identify operational issues and drive resolution working directly with the client and SDOs;
• Facilitates and lead operational and management oriented meetings;
• Own send-to-end outage and business notifications;
• Provides technical & non-technical support for Major Incident response Teams;
• Acts as SME for the Incident Management processes;
• Supports the effective operation of the Major Incident Management Process;
• Ensures that stakeholder resources are appropriately identified and coached;
• Support of continuous service improvement is an pivotal element of the role;
• Is aware of the service performance and supports improvements implementation
What You Bring:
- 3+ years IT incident management
- Experince opening and leading CAB calls
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.