– Perform month-end close procedures with quality and diligence, including journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations
– Act as a business partner for business units and other teams within Shared Services.
– Prepare periodic financial statements for Canadian legal entities
– Prepare Legal Entity and region consolidation packages and maintain accurate mapping files
– In cooperation with the tax department, perform required tax remittances and preparation of tax related working papers
– Prepare working papers as required for the external audits and ensure completeness and accuracy of results
– Assist in the analysis of accounting issues to help assess the impact to the company’s financials.
– Support the budgeting and forecasting processes to achieve business objectives.
– Lead and support various initiatives for process/control improvements and operating enhancements.
– Perform payroll related calculations and reporting
– Support ad hoc projects and assignments as assigned; and,
– Perform other related duties as assigned
This candidate should possess the following:
•At least 3-5 years total of relevant work experience in a corporate environment
•Undergraduate degree in Accounting is required
•Canadian CPA designation / working towards Canadian CPA designation is strongly preferred
•Well-organized and pays attention to detail
•Strong analytical/problem solving and communication skills
•Ability to work with and collaborate with multiple teams
•Advanced skills in Excel
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count