Ab Initio Developer
• Minimum 8-9 years of Experience in ETL Ab initio background, along with hands on technical experience.
• Excellent grasp on all Components of Ab Initio – GDE, PSETS, PDL Programming, Continuous Flow, Express It, BRE, Metadata Hub, Meta Programming and usage of Conduct IT.
• Good Communication skills.
• Excellent client Liaising skills.
• Have to troubleshoot various problems/errors encountered by federated team while developing Ab Initio based ETL applications. The candidate should have high-level knowledge about other technologies like Hadoop, Teradata, Oracle, Mainframe etc. It will help to develop efficient Ab Initio code interfacing with those technologies Data Derivation, Data Mapping and Data Integration related Development.
• Work with Hadoop HDFS file system is also a strong plus. (not connecting to Hadoop, but running AI natively on Hadoop), Hive is desirable.
• Plans Good experience in various Ab-initio parallelism techniques. Knowledge on Ab initio air commands and m commands and unix shell scripting.
• Knowledge of any database such Oracle, DB2, SQL Server is a must.
• Good to have knowledge on data warehousing concepts. Ability to understand requirements and translate into code. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Working experience in Abinitio BRE Business Rule Environment or ACE Application Configuration Environment is desirable.
• Analytical and problem solving Skills that will help you in the role.
• Employ extreme attention to details and flexibility to adapt to dynamic client environments and changing business, operations and technology priorities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Development of data staging, architecture and consuming internal and external application interfaces.
• Cooperate with business and operational users, other data management staff and infrastructure teams to ensure adherence to client and company guidelines, restrictions and requirements as well as industry standards.
• Efficient assessment and resolution of complex technical design issues.
• Provide project team with guidance on defining, monitoring and managing business data quality and ETL operational metrics.
• Responsible for deploying technical methodologies for client projects, such as functional/technical requirements, design topics, code review and testing procedures.
• Frequent interaction with management and support teams on project status and priority setting.
• Research new solutions, tools and methodologies that may improve the overall operation model, process and/or the result of the project or projects at hand.
• Collaborate with internal customers to elicit their business concerns and translate them into system development requirements.
• Participate in planning initiatives, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analyses, new systems design, and implementation timelines.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.