A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Consolidate all spares demand and set up the optimal sourcing solutions for short and long term needs
• Perform Request for Quotation with suppliers for ad hoc needs
• Performing analysis on supplier prices evolution and demand forecast of the programs
• Deploying adequate sourcing solutions for A220 products in the Airbus Procurement Customer Service network and several Procurement commodities
• Collaborate with all MFTs to ensure all customer service needs are taken into account
• Closely collaborate with relevant Customer Service stakeholders (e.g. Product Management, Services and Planning, Supply Management)
• Managing contractual information and performing regular reviews in order to guarantee compliance between Procurement contract terms and after market database
• Contribute to supplier rating, risk assessment and managing deviations by taking appropriate actions to protect Airbus interest
• Negotiating of change requests, managing corresponding approval and authorization process and ensuring associated ordering
• Managing operational and financial KPIs and launching actions in case of need
• Managing supplier commercial data and policies for Airbus After Sales needs in the customer Service SAP system
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and expertise:
• You have a university degree in Business Administration and ideally in Industrial engineering or equivalent
• You have experience and knowledge of Procurement and buyer activities
• You are an effective negotiator with proven commercial and contractual back round
• You are experienced in cost reduction programs, financial key indicator knowledge
• Good knowledge of supply chain processes
• You have the ability to build analytics and using tools such as SAP
• You are customer minded and have knowledge of customer Service activities
• You show communication and presentation skills combined with a problem solving way of working within a team
• You have strong knowledge of, MS Office, especially Excel/ Access, and other current key IT applications
• You are at negotiation level in English
Required Skills and Experience:
You focus on building solutions and on maintaining, optimizing and improving a client’s applications and systems. You contribute to a business and technical blueprint and customize the respective Software Package Core Module. You may also be responsible for unit testing, contribute to integration testing, and/or be responsible for the design and delivery of end-user training.
• Qualification: Minimum 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Package Configuration.
• Should have progressing skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law..