Role Description: Bid Manager
The Bid Manager will be responsible for driving the execution of critical pursuits. Overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, and making sure compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner. It requires reviewing all client requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal response and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information.
Specific responsibilities in the sales cycle for assigned pursuits include:
WINNING SALES PLANNING
• Contributes to value proposition identification and participates in development of related sales messaging.
• Facilitates development of the Winning Sales Plan and assists the Business Development Executive in on-going maintenance and execution of the plan.
• Assist Sales Lead in development and execution against a formal Opportunity Close Plan.
• Works with key stakeholders to identify win themes, sales strategy approach, work plan, staffing and budget to cost effectively complete pursuit activities.
• Determines bid team skill requirements, coordinates on-boarding of team members, establishes working logistics and manages the overall efforts of pursuit team.
• Engages with Capgemini executives and SME’s across platforms and business units to ensure necessary support for bid effort.
• Coordinates bid activities between multi-discipline, multi-BU or multi-region personnel for joint pursuits
• Drives effective collaboration with external partners involved in the pursuit.
• Supports Pursuit Leads and/or Business Development Executives in the preparation of internal review documentation.
• Works with Sales Operations for establishment of NBD code to track pursuit sales investment. Monitors actual pursuit costs against budget and efficiently manages sales investment.
• Tracks progress of the pursuit effort and routinely reports status to Bid Team and Sales Management.
• Interacts with Business Development Executive and Pursuit Lead to identify content focus for external presentations. Ensures the key sales messages are apparent in documentation presented to the client.
• Directs support resources assigned to the creation, editing and production of presentations, proposal and contract documentation.
• Makes certain pursuit activities are conducted in compliance with local and global sales methods and processes, including: Collaborative Selling methodology, Must Win practices and Deal Review guidelines.
• Facilitates estimation of client financial baselines. Verifies the use of current modeling tools (GREAT, EFFORT, ADMT, etc) by the solution team
• Facilitates development of competitive solution that supports business case and sales strategy.
• Engages with FMA/FAS team(s) to ensure that deal economics are aligned with value proposition, while also meeting financial thresholds required by BU, SBU and GRB executive management.
• Ensures all pertinent knowledge artifacts from bid effort are captured and appropriately archived for future reference.
• Participates in Win / Loss Reviews and captures key lessons learned.
Additional responsibilities beyond individual pursuits include:
• Nominates improvements to standard bid process and creates new tools/templates to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of future bid efforts.
• Takes lead and/or participates in the implementation of process revisions and deployment of new tools.
• Establishes and maintains a personal network of contacts within and beyond own business unit that may be called upon for insight or guidance.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant –http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.