The Magento Developer develops quality software that meets the functional and non-functional project requirements in the implementation, enhancement and support of eCommerce platform-centric projects. This includes producing application code on-time, on budget, and in compliance with Capgemini implementation standards & practices as well as general industry & platform-specific best practices.
The Magento Developer is expected to:
• Know the eCommerce platform, maintain the platform Developer certification, and be an expert in the platform API, management tools, and capabilities
• Use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code to meet the requirements of tasks assigned, based on the technical specification for the task provided by the Technical Architect, Technical Lead, or Application Coordinator
• Customize the platform's prototype solutions to build fully functioning eCommerce sites on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
• Use object oriented techniques to create reusable, easy to maintain code
• Develop and Test software code as directed by the Team Lead/Technical Architect.
• Fully understand the project documentation including Functional Requirements, Technical Design, Technical Feature Guides
• Fully understand the User Stories and Tasks that have been created in JIRA and specifications in Confluence
• Attends and participates in all Project Execution meetings: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Dev Kick Off, Sunset Meeting
• Communicates with Team Members on both progress and impediments. Communication is critical. Use JIRA and/or Confluence and Update tasks with critical communications, time spent, estimate to complete, and other information as required.
• Understands how the SDLC is implemented inside Jira and Confluence.
• Fully Understands Code Repository Theory (e.g. Gitflow) as well as use of GIT for source code management
Education, Training, and Experience
• Education B.S. Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent Experience
• Experience Minimum 5 years recent experience in web development
• Minimum 3 years recent experience in eCommerce project.
• Minimum 2 years recent experience in the relevant platform
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
• Expert in developing web applications for the relevant focus (i.e. Front-End or Back-End) and platform
• Proficient in managing the administration of the relevant platform
• Current developer certification in the relevant platform
• Proficient in using and managing version control through Git – including planning & creating branches, and performing merges.
• Proficient in effectively document complex functionality in code and documentation.
• Ability to follow, enforce, and help define development standards.
• Current developer certification in the relevant platform, or ability to obtain such certification within 3 months of hire.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts.
• Solid understanding of the MVC paradigm.
• Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, critical thinking.
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written (documentation, code, email, etc.)
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.
• Proven track records of meeting and exceeding goals.
• Ability to lead & supervise application development teams.
• Ability to lead effective scrum meetings.
• Ability to perform Release & Sprint planning.
• Good organization skills – scheduling, prioritizing, planning, tracking.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You focus on building solutions and on maintaining, optimizing and improving a client’s applications and systems. You contribute to a business and technical blueprint and customize the respective Software Package Core Module. You may also be responsible for unit testing, contribute to integration testing, and/or be responsible for the design and delivery of end-user training.
• Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Package Configuration.
• Should have progressing skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.