Description – External
About DCX – Digital Customer Experience
The Capgemini Digital Customer Experience (DCX) practice specializes in driving business value and customer engagement at each stage of the customer journey from marketing and sales to commerce and service. By combining proven methodologies, deep technical expertise, design and strategy, its talented teams take an integrated approach to addressing the total experience, for both customers and employees. By creating immersive experiences that engage and convert, brands can realize their CX vision and get the future they want.
With the rise of smartphones and tablet devices we have extraordinary opportunities to reach hundreds of millions of users all over the world. We’ve created dozens of wonderful experiences for mobile devices. From the initial concept, through wireframes, to visual design and prototypes – we deliver form factors, screens, different operating systems, but one constant: our unparalleled passion for first-class mobile experiences.
About Our Culture
Capgemini is a dynamic company that looks for team members to grow with us. We are committed to supporting you to GET THE FUTURE YOU WANT. That is our commitment to every employee. Capgemini offers a generous total rewards package, including flexible hours, autonomy, transparency, and a diverse and inclusive culture. With 11 Employee Resource Groups, we are committed to supporting your causes and getting involved in your community to help make it better. We have an electrical spirit and encourage professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Capgemini employee shares one inspired mission: To be bold; to be YOU.
Join us to get the future you want!
• 8+ years of industry experience in enterprise architecture, systems integration, package implementation, and interactive design and architecture
• A strong understanding of complex computer science and software engineering principles
'• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Ability to lead and mentor junior team members and guide them on important architectural aspects & decisions.
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• Solid understanding of the application design patterns like MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration ex: Jenkins CI tool. Good to have, not mandatory.
• Knowledge of Unit Testing e.g. Junit, Mock API
• Design and build applications for the Android platform
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Bring new ideas and innovation to the team
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: Minimum 7-10 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.